DWF-B Salt Truck (2x cLBX20, 2x cLBX10)
5/5,

1 rating

Thread in 'Dire Wolf Omni Builds' started by FuzzyBunny, Jun 18, 2014.

1. FuzzyBunny

FuzzyBunny MechSpecs Addict

Ever drive behind a salt truck dumping huge amounts of salt into your face. Yeah, it's like that. Salty and face wrecking. You can literally strip whole sides off of mediums and lights if you pop them close enough with the 60 pellets. Great build to run if you just want some giggles.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2014
  2. Cpt Chattahah

Cpt Chattahah Min-Max Maniac

LOL Great name! And I may just have to try this build... I'd just step down to LBX5s and add some C-ERML to open up some armor first.

3. dranozir

dranozir MechSpecs Addict

If you dont know aiming ...

4. rjbass3

rjbass3 Well-Known Member

This build is fast becoming one of the more popular versions of the DW, and has been nicknamed the Dire Wolf Sneeze. I run one just like it and love it. A couple of the cats at NGNG also run this version.

Def worth a try if you love ballistics and loud bangs.

5. Durandal

Durandal Min-Max Maniac

Watcher Kiriesari from NGNG playing this mech over twitch...it has a nice, satisfying boom every time you pull the trigger, but it just didn't seem to survive for very long once it actually got into combat. I might build one at some point just for laughs, but I don't know if I'd treat it as a serious threat...anything with any range can pick this guy apart ;)

6. Business

Business Advanced Member

Yeah, I've seen her play it a few times and she doesn't do a good job at all with letting others start the fight and then coming in to finish it. If you've run and LBX30 Ilya, you know how to play this, but you'll get even more focus fire.

7. rjbass3

I stock my Sneeze with the cLB10X Range Module which really helps. And ya I have the Illuad with 3x LB10X so I know how to play the Sneeze properly. It works well for me usually getting 500+ damage a match with one match getting me over 900.

8. FuzzyBunny

This build has been up for weeks now already. Decent build, but please try and look through all of the builds to make sure you're not posting something already up.

http://www.mechspecs.com/forum/index.php?topic=7005.0

9. FuzzyBunny

10. rjbass3

Ok so then merge them. What we could really use are separate forums for the different variants of the clan mechs so that these things are easier to find. I have been posting a couple lately without even looking for a duplicate because it is a lot to sift through.

11. e92

e92 Benefactor

Use a modern search engine with a highlighted search. Pick a piece of equipment integral to your build with the highest entropy. In this case, type in LB and quickly scroll through the three pages of builds. The highlights bring your attention to the builds that might be related. I see there is a "blast-extraordinaire" build that is similar, but trades the second LBX10 for an LBX5 some energy.

Its pretty effective at bringing your attention to similar builds. Mechspecers generally aren't a lazy bunch because we spend hours and hours playing with smurfy and testing builds in-game anyway. Don't skimp on your thread build :)

12. Auriga

Auriga MechSpecs Addict

Just saw a similar build to this in action. Awesome. 1 alpha=1 SideTorso of a Timber, 2 Alphas=Battlemaster completely cored and death to 1 LB10, 1 alpha=Jenner and Raven insta-death.

According to what i saw, i think its approx like this:

(armour not setted, just maxed and optimized for weight)

13. Motörhead

Motörhead Benefactor

Looks like way too many LBX20 ammo Auriga!

Maybe something like this ?

14. Emberdrake

Emberdrake Active Member

5/5,
    Made me giggle like a Japanese schoolgirl. I look at things and BOOM.

15. Regina Redshift

Regina Redshift Sass Elemental

Now that these builds have been out for a while, does it still make sense to take LB 10s instead of Ultra 10s?

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast