DWF-B "Blast Master" (4x cLBX10, 6x cERSL)
4.5/5,

8 ratings

Thread in 'Dire Wolf Omni Builds' started by ekos89, Jul 20, 2014.

1. ekos89

ekos89 New Member

This build is very strong in close quarters combat and can tear enemy 'Mechs apart. This build utilizes all B variant Omnipods aside from the arms which are Prime Omnipods. Heat is rarely an issue, even in prolonged fights as the LBX10s generate very little heat and the ER Small Lasers are also very heat friendly. If you find that you don't have any heat problems at all, drop some armor or ammo for up to 2 additional ER Small Lasers - beware of ghost heat though!

When playing this build, I would suggest two weapon groups which makes this a simple build to play. Keep all of your LBX10s in one group, and keep all of your ER Small Lasers in another group. No need to cycle fire, even on hot maps, because of the great heat efficiency.

I am only using 8 tons of ammo, but if you find that the match lasts long enough and you need more, you can strip armor off your legs/arms and put up to 10 tons of ammo on this beast.

Here is an example of what this build can do!

[​IMG]
    [img width=700 height=326]http://i.imgur.com/PFyKfQA.jpg?1[/img]

Enjoy your Blast Master and happy hunting!!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2014
  2. Ballistix

Ballistix New Member

This is very strong in the right hands. Good build!

3. ekos89

ekos89 New Member

My best game so far with this build.
    [​IMG]
    [img width=700 height=389]http://i.imgur.com/cipyvy4.jpg[/img]

4. malfeas99

malfeas99 New Member

This is the most fun I've ever had with MWO. I made an account just to post it. Check it.

[​IMG]

5. ekos89

ekos89 New Member

Wow! I'm glad you are liking the build. It is my favorite build so far. I am currently running with 2x LBX20, 1x LBX10, 2 SRM6+A and 2x ERML, and haven't been able to come close to the numbers that I get with the Blast Master build.

6. Zudoack

Zudoack New Member

The Blast Master build is great. I play with Ekos and have been using it for a while as well. Soo much brawl, and soo much face blasting.

7. bhaelfire

bhaelfire New Member

Fun build.

I've been running a similar one for a while that uses 3x cERML instead for better range and shifts 4 pts of armor from each leg to the head (because splash/rake damage can easily core your cockpit accidentally with only 10 pts of armor).

8. Conspiriologist

Conspiriologist Active Member

Crazy fun build. My first match I thought was pretty sub-par (I was thinking 200-300 dmg) and I had 591. The dps is really deceptive and a lot higher than you really think it is.

9. ekos89

ekos89 New Member

I'm glad that you are having fun with it!

So far, I haven't had any problems with my cockpit being cored with 10 points of armor there so I haven't felt the need to make it any higher.

10. rjbass3

rjbass3 Well-Known Member

This is an amazing build. Not being very satisfied with my DWF-Sneeze build, I swapped out the LB20X's for LB10X's and added the 6 SLas's. I have played maybe 8 matches in it thus far and the lowest damage score I got was a 360 when I somehow found myself playing in a higher ELO bracket against known MWO pro's. Other than that one match, I usually get damage scores between 500 and 700 however i got my best match score ever yesterday (see the screen shots). My build comes off a DWF-A with DWF-B torso's and DWF-Prime arms. For all practical purposes it's the same thing.

I also run mine with the clan range extender mods for the cERSLas and cLB10X. They really help.

This is a fantastic build that every DWF owner should try.

[​IMG]

[img width=700 height=402]http://files.enjin.com.s3.amazonaws.com/640798/module_gallery/original/1944418.jpg[/img]

11. ekos89

ekos89 New Member

I keep coming back to this build whenever I play my DWF. I had a match last night in this where I got focused early and died, but still managed to crank out 750 damage in the first 3 minutes of the match. It looks simple, but it's deceptive as those 6 cERSLs pack a nasty punch and accound for roughly 30% of the damage for this loadout and it runs cool!

12. netherkat

netherkat Star Lord

I use a modified version of the Blast Master, with 3 x LB's, 2 CSRM6's, and 7 ERCSL's on a (primarily) DWF-B. Basically, replaced 1 10-pellet gun with 2 x 6 exploding rocket-propelled pellet launchers.

I have had some decent success with it, as the CSRM6's and ERCSL's scare off armor almost as good as anything else within the 200-250m range, and then the 3 LB's wreak decent havoc after that.

Build is:

Heat management is a bit trickier on this (cannot keep pew-pewing the CERSL's along with the CSRM's), and a bit of (more?) aiming is needed than the standard blast master, but the results (for me) are spectacular, to say the least.

Enough ammo for the LB's (120), and mostly enough for the CSRM's (300). For Smurfy's lab, I left the armor at default; tweak as you need to, there is enough to go around (608/614).

Since I am lazy as hell, my weapons grouping is simple:

CERSL's (linked) on 1.
    LBX's (linked) on 2.
    CSRM's (linked or chained, depending upon the map) on 3.

Build works on most maps where brawling is possible. SUCKS on Alpine. :p

I mostly deviated from the quad-LB's for diversity, and adding some focused non-crit punch in the lineup.

--NK.

13. Forger

Forger New Member

Thanks so much for this build! ^_^ I have more fun and probably contribute more to my team with this then with any other mech I pilot.

Recently I stripped a little armor from the legs in order to strap a flamer onto each arm. Takes away from the brilliant simplicity of the original, but it's hilarious and I've always wanted to put flamers on an assault. This is the only time I've been able to justify it to myself, but I get legged so rarely in a Daishi I couldn't resist.

14. Forger

Forger New Member

5/5,
    (Rating again for the new rating engine) This mech knows what it's trying to do and does that very well. Deal out massive amounts of damage and crits at short range. You can keep dishing out damage to anything that comes close with the great heat efficiency. It's simple and effective.

15. Beastman

Beastman New Member

5/5,
    Enjoying this build alot! For personal pref I have just lowered the armor on the legs enough so I could put in a TC1, feels justified getting that crit and extra range for those nasty pointy lasers!

Great build! 5/5

16. Akairohoshi

Akairohoshi New Member

This build absolutely shreds anything in its path. I love it and surprisingly for a fat whale like this beast, it takes out lights very well with those quad-lbx10 when aiming at legs. My only difference is using 4 small lasers, which was actually not intentional as I thought this build had only 4 for some reasons. On that same note, I cannot tell you how many times those lasers helped and melted off armor at close range. Good work ekos89:thumbsup::D *in game name is SoukouKiheiVOTOMS*
    [​IMG]

17. SparePartsBin

SparePartsBin Active Member

Netherkat your build with the CSLs & CSRMs looks like great fun. Wonder if it would work with LBX-2s,CMPLs&CSPLs.

18. Karl TenBrew

Karl TenBrew Star Lord

Unholy banana balls this thing is a freaking blast. Finally getting the chance to take mechs that aren't light for a spin, and even my dud matches using this build are still fun. Look at something, keep hitting it. Does an amazing job of skeet-shooting when the JJs come soaring in too. As others have noted, cooldown modules are not really needed and it runs super cool, go for range!

The Verge likes this.
  19. That Dawg

That Dawg Well-Known Member

I'm lazy. I'm old. I would say the frequency of which I read something, then bother to register in forums and post, aligns with pitbulls sleeping with cats and raising pitcat babies in harmony.

I HAD to sign up, and post.
    This build.......great giggly god Tittlebiggle au Naturale...its awesome.
    Now, my Dire has about 300 battles, I kept the "A" variant. I do well in mine, pretty sure its turned the battle a few times.
    BUT, the builds I've been using primarily- namely all the common ones and a few 'try this' types. Ran hot, dual gauss, one gauss goes, takes the other, or if symetrical, lose gauss and lose 4 lasers...killing builds. Might go back to them some day...

This build is a point it, punch it, shred it. I actually MB3 the shotties, and MB1 for 3 Smalls MB2 for the other side.
    Its genius, and I hesitated cause it was 2 mil+ "experiment" I stripped armor, added a TC1
    My kills are about the same, but the average damage per match seems to have gone UP. I'd have to guess old builds were 400 damage/ 2kill average, now it almost feels like 600 damage 2-4 kill average. pellets doing more damage than gauss slug/spraying lasers?
    Thanks-

Question, are you mostly chain firing, or alpa away with the clbx10's? I really can't tell a difference. But, with the weekend tourny coming up...what say you?

20. That Dawg

That Dawg Well-Known Member

5/5,
    it are derp

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast