DRG Club of 1000+

Thread in 'Dragon' started by Mayestro, Apr 8, 2014.

1. Mayestro

Mayestro Active Member

Hmm somehow nearly every mech has a 1k+ Club, but this poor dragon wich is in the game for a while hasn't one. So lets change this here are two of my 1k+ matches:

[​IMG]

http://i.imgur.com/o2CRVtg.jpg[/img]

sidenote: not a single modul were used (yeah no arti or airstrike!), because i'm a cheap fellow and i used my Cybob build.

So i know that you guys can do better than me so give the dragon some nice attention ;)

2. TheDevilsIncarnate

TheDevilsIncarnate Advanced Member

Honestly, I haven't broken 600 with my 1C yet :whacko:

3. Mayestro

Mayestro Active Member

hmm over two weeks since i made the post and still so lonely in here. That realy leads me to the question is the dragon realy that disliked?
    Because me beeing the only one here with a 1k+ game can't be possible, atleast not if even I manged to do it o_O

4. TheDevilsIncarnate

TheDevilsIncarnate Advanced Member

Well I have three of my own that I am currently loving and working on ^_^

But I only managed 988 in my 1C :mellow:

5. epikt

epikt Benefactor

To be honest, the AC/2 nerf really hit my beloved 5N and I hadn't play it a lot lately. I still need to rework the build to adapt it.
    But be reassured, there are few Dragon enthusiasts around.

DragonTwin likes this.
  6. Business

Business Advanced Member

I think we should set up a challenge for 1k damage Dragon round. I've not used a Dragon in quite a long time but they were my first mechs to be mastered. I've defended the Dragon chassis since the start but damn is that hard to do nowadays, lol.

7. epikt

epikt Benefactor

Gniiiiii!

[​IMG]

One AC round away from the much desired 999dmg, and not much further from the K... :(

Anyway, it reminds me this video:

(long credits warning! it starts at ~50s)

We need Dragon propaganda!
    The same pilot made similar video for the Awesome, he definitely has taste for great underrated mechs with cult following.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2014
  8. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

I`m with ya! When i find time, i'll run my AC5 + 2x AC2 build and try to break 1K+ .. but it's damn difficult in the Dragon! Need to keep distance, avoid damage and hit well, no ammowasting.. :)

I think my highscore until now is something around 800-900 with the C with plenty of AC10 Ammo and SRMs.. :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

http://i60.tinypic.com/14dcz1v.jpg[/img]

and back when we played with only two squads:

[img width=650 height=406]http://i41.tinypic.com/2cnbkn8.jpg[/img]

[img width=650 height=406]http://i40.tinypic.com/2sadzpt.jpg[/img]

not too bad huhn? :rolleyes:

btw.. excellent Video!!! i love it.. ^_^

9. Mayestro

Mayestro Active Member

well epikt you may haven't broke the 1k, but your efficiency with that damage put my matches to shame ;)

10. Em3r4ld

Em3r4ld Junior Member

I've set myself the challenge to get to 1k in the Dragon. Currently running both 1N and 5N models (just in case one gets locked in a game).

Into the 4th day now... managed to hit 946 yesterday so with a bit more accuracy we'll be there soon :p

11. Business

Business Advanced Member

Hell if we're using a time machine, check this one:
    [​IMG]

My first 1k game (7k) was with a Gauss/LL 5N back around the same time on River City. Still looking for the damn screenshot

12. Em3r4ld

Em3r4ld Junior Member

[​IMG]

DragonTwin likes this.
  13. Mayestro

Mayestro Active Member

Awesome job man. Impressiv feat you did there especialy with a brawl focused dragon, kinda makes me speechless!

14. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

Finally someone! Congrats!!! Awesome Job! The Brawler Build is a good one. Can take out Enemies quickly. :)

15. Mayestro

Mayestro Active Member

Yes but as a brawling dragon it can get hard to live long enough to do so much dmg, so you can't allow yourself to do some mistakes. Still happy that there is one more in this club to polish the image of the mighty dragon ;)

16. Em3r4ld

Em3r4ld Junior Member

[quote author=Blagg Zear link=topic=6229.msg43106#msg43106 date=1399928856]
    Finally someone! Congrats!!! Awesome Job! The Brawler Build is a good one. Can take out Enemies quickly. :)
    [/quote]
    Thanking you. I did hit 946 on a triple AC2 build 5N but in the end it turns out that playing it like a light 'mech with an additional mid-range snipe weapon (AC10) works a treat.

The Dragon in general has been holding up pretty well against most stuff... just dies quick to meta PPC/AC5 builds if you get cocky too early :rolleyes: Can counter it with AC10/2 PPC metaDragon but that gets you a lot of kills with no damage :p

17. Abigail Acerose

Abigail Acerose Active Member

[​IMG]

Two birds of a feather, or what?! XD

My first 1k game was also in a Gauss/LL 5N on River City (Night). That was a fun trial mech! ^_^

I have the Flame and my own 5N now, but they're hard to play with so I stick with Jagers and Blackjacks. =/

18. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

Sooo close, but we rocked the SHow!!!! Long live the Double Dragons!!!

[​IMG]

will post some captures of the rounds thereafter with LT. Soo fun to ride the Dragons :rofl:

DragonTwin likes this.
  19. Eisenstrum

Eisenstrum New Member

I...did not expect to join a 1k damage club in a Dragon. However, the 5N has been a pleasant surprise.

[​IMG]

20. NancyBoy

NancyBoy New Member