DRG-1N Shoo Fly (1x LBX10, 2x SRM4, 2x MLas, AMS, XL325)

Thread in 'DRG-1N' started by WitchZero, Nov 27, 2012.

1. WitchZero

WitchZero New Member

This is my current skirmisher build on the 1N. While lacking the pinpoint damage of my normal Gauss Build it does gain impressive speed and versatility in this loadout. I use it as quick response support for our brawlers, "Shoo Fly" to light mechs if they survive long enough to escape, and flanking LRM support. I prefer my Gauss Build with AMS for LRM Flanking, but you can get by with ECM and this shotgun build but it does take longer to take ears off with spread damage.

One thing this build does excel at is hitting and chasing light mechs. It has the speed to stay with a scout long enough for a few rounds then you can move back to support if they break away or are disabled.

Versitility:

You can swap for 2 x SSRM2s and move some weight around to get 2 Medium Pulse lasers. Drop a XL300 in to gain some more tonnage for variable loadout.

Cons:

Damage is spread damage, even the Medium Llasers end up being more spread than pinpoint damage when moving fast. Great for stripping armor but more difficult to finish off larger Mechs.

The speed you gain from the XL325 is not that impressive but it is welcome to a good pilot. You can get away with the XL300 with speed tweak.

I am running CASE in both shoulders with an XL Engine based on repair costs. I haven't felt like testing the costs of loosing CASE on all my Torso components. As of now I max out around 85K on repair bills if things go really wrong.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2014
  2. stoner1015

stoner1015 New Member

I like the idea of chasing lights with some firepower, i really get irked in my cat K2 when a spider or a jenner keeps hounding me

3. Forte

Forte New Member

I loved the idea of making the Dragon a destroyer (in the military sense) as well as a quick striker. This was my minor improvement.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2014