CTF-4X The Flak Yak (2x LBX10, 2x AC2, 1x MLas, XL235)

Thread in 'CTF-4X' started by Cpt Chattahah, Aug 12, 2013.

1. Cpt Chattahah

Cpt Chattahah Min-Max Maniac

I love my 4xAC/5 'Fract, but, decided to experiment a bit. Found this lil guy to be insanely fun! :D

SLOWER THAN THE WRATH OF GOD! However, keeping him on the ridge and throwing AC/2 rounds into your target will distract, disorient and cause a lot of damage pretty damn quick. Only 300 rounds, so, don't stretch yourself too terribly thin. Once someone comes in close, light them up like the skies of London in 1940! This mech just SHREDS heavies and assaults up close. I expected heat to be a much bigger issue, but, it's quite easily manageable. Lights? Well... let's not talk about that... Just trust me when I tell you that you'll want some friends close by. :D

Not the end-all, be-all build for a 4X, but, it's a hell of a lot of fun and can really tear people a new one up close! :D

11/12/13: Updated for slight speed boost and ammo. Enough ammo to keep that LBX running like the monster it should be.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2014
  2. The Verge

The Verge Moderator Staff Member

Nice Change, I like It!

3. IanSane

IanSane Advanced Member

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2014
  4. IanSane

IanSane Advanced Member

Here ya go cap, your Flak Yak, with minor tweaks, in action!

L83RT7wLzmQ

5. Cpt Chattahah

Most definitely concur with your tweaks! Much needed ammo! :D And as always, good demonstration video full of the Lols. :rofl:

6. Cpt Chattahah

Just did four drops in this mech. Two were average drops. About 500 damage, 1 and 3 kills respectively... Both lost.

Then, I had what I was used to with this mech. First screenshot, ZERO team play. Dropped on Mordor and 8 teammates made a suicide run to Theta. All murdered as they tripped over their own feet and sat in the doorway. I hunted the backside with a 65% Victor who dropped down and assisted him on a few kills then I was taken out by a jump-snipe HGN about 1/4 second before my LBX cooldown on a cored out, red center Atlas. Would've been my 3rd kill...
    [​IMG]

Second screenshot, fairly average attainable damage with this build in a PUG drop, lots of damage thrown out, respectable kill/assist, all in all, a solid round.

[img width=700 height=437]http://i.imgur.com/5obi8wG.jpg[/img]

Both rounds ended with ammo left over and very little MLas fire. I actually would've been better off on Terra Therma, however, I was just C-Bill cashing a Thunderbolt and tore off his arms, STs and Legs to kill him. Got 6 component destruction off that one mech. However, that left me fairly hot as I headed back into the Thetabowl and overheated with my AC/2s as I took out a Cat from the opposite side of the walkways and left myself open to get beat up by the jump sniper. Would've easily had two more kills and more than likely a win if I had just killed off the Thunderbolt, left my heat down and prioritized weakest targets as I went into the center. Everyone was fairly beat up and I had the most firepower and crit... Eh. Oh well, still a good round. :D

7. IanSane

IanSane Advanced Member

Thats why I voted this Mech build up. It can be a game changer. Great heat (unless yer in the bowl on Terra of course) and can reach out and do awesome damage at virtually every range. From 1000 meters to zero this mech has it. AC2s for pinpoint DPS on targets 900 meters away and a light killer up close with the LBXs. I have no clue why someone would rate this a 3 unless they just didn't like the slowness of it but lets face it...the FASTEST a 4x can go with speed tweak is the same speed a stock Jager can go with the same engine without it. 65KPH TOPS thats it...so what if you can only do 58 does it really make much of a difference at that point because lets face it, yer not going to win any foot races. Personally I think this is an outstanding build. Is it the best 4x build? In my opinion no. That title would have to go to the 4x AC5 - 2x ML build but this build is still right up there and a LOAD of fun to play.

Heres the Ian test...if I can manage to do well in it...ANYONE can do GREAT in it and if anyone can do great in it that makes it an outstanding build.

8. The Verge

Untill CPT updates the OP, my rating stands at 3 stars.

9. Cpt Chattahah

Alright, V. Updated to my current runner. Slightly faster, enough ammo to take out a half dozen Jags. :D

10. Cpt Chattahah

... I want a 12-man Assault team of this devastator.

11. The Verge

in your dreams!

12. Cpt Chattahah

[​IMG]

NOM NOM! Almost double the next highest damage in-game.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast