Invasion CTF-3L(L) "Peekphract" (1xGauss, 3xERLL, XL300) +ALT
4/5,

1 rating

Thread in 'CTF-3L' started by CarloArmato, Jan 12, 2017.

1. CarloArmato

CarloArmato Professional Potato Carrier

This is a sniping mech I made and which I'm comfortable with: I also use this mech in FW if I need a long range sniper.

As the name suggests, it must be used for corner peeking or hill humping and man, this mech can punch pretty hard without heating too much. Try alway too peek from your right (where all your weapons are mounted) and shield with your left whenever you can.

Modules: Gauss Cooldown, ER-LL range (nearly 750 meters optimal with both weapons)

PROS:
    • Can alpha while partially staying in cover
    • Excellent range (around 750 with both gauss and lasers)
    • Good alpha and pinpoint damage.
    • Can pretty much always alfa with synchronized shots with "gauss colldown" module thanks to ballistic quirks
    CONS:
    • Basically useless at shorter ranges
    • IS XL engine makes you very vulnerable against pin point damage or if you can't torso twist or peek very quickly
    • Low mounted ER-LL on your arm
    • Not very good at hill-humping
    Feel free to adjust armor and Gauss ammo as you wish. Maybe I've actually stripped too much armor from the head and legs for additional gauss ammo (30 rounds are fine on most matches).

Recommended weapon groups:
    1) 3 x ER-LL
    2) Gauss
    3) 2 x ER-LL (arm mounted)

How to use it: keep yourselves the furthest away from the enemy but the closest to your team mates (easier said than done, you must know where and how move). If your allies stop pushing, find a comfortable wall and hug it, peeking from time to time or whenever you can if it is going to be a free trade.
    Pre-heat your gauss before leaving cover, fire your gauss depending on target movement and range, only when the gauss shell has been fired use your ER-LL. If the target is slow or standing still, fire everything altogether.

ALT: cheap version with the stock XL280 engine, the "Cheap Peek" featuring a Command Console or a TC1.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
    invernomuto likes this.
  2. Shock

Shock Patron of the Underdog Staff Member

4/5,
    Good build. I run just about the same thing as the 300XL version on my 1X. It works great considering how bad I am with gauss rifles

3. CarloArmato

CarloArmato Professional Potato Carrier

After checking the quirks of the 1X it would even be better (slightly better ballistic cooldown, you lose ballistic range in favor of ballistic speed, energy heat generation, energy cooldown and even energy duration!), but you will lose some Sync with the shots if you just hold the trigger... But I don't think it is a big deal.

TBH I never bothered to master this mech, but now that I've seen the 1X I could consider doing it.

4. invernomuto

invernomuto Junior Member

I used a similar build with LBX-10 instead of gauss and with 2 more MLs.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast