CTF-2X "Wannabe Assault" (1xUAC20, 2xSRM6+A, 2xML, LE300)
5/5,

1 rating

Thread in 'CTF-2X' started by Sgt Murphy, Mar 11, 2021.

1. Sgt Murphy

Sgt Murphy New Member

I just re-engineered my old (and first mech) CTF-2X and I'm loving this mech. Fully skilled in firepower and some armor skills plus the massive armor quirks on this mech really make it an excellent brawler. The downside is the single ML on the right arm. I consider that a throwaway since it doesn't provide much additional damage and I needed to trim armor somewhere. The large hitboxes on the torsos is where the armor really needs to be beefed up. Let me know what you think.

2. ShiverMeRivets

ShiverMeRivets Well-Known Member

While the 1st missile hardpoint is located on top of the forearm and quite serviceable, the 2nd is located under the forearm in a missile hive that slangs even lower... This is probably the lowest hard point of any mech. Combined with the spread of missiles it is near guaranteed that some missiles will hit the ground in front of you.

For this reason I only use 1 missile launcher and that means I have to go with MRM 30/40 (which makes it a completely different build).

3. Sgt Murphy

Sgt Murphy New Member

I agree but I usually don't have too much issue with the SRM6's. Having them on the arms usually lets me keep the missiles off the ground. Also, I tend to aim high anyway or try to be on higher ground which helps as well.

4. Evvo

Evvo Well-Known Member

5/5,
    Build with AMS LE 285: https://mwo.nav-alpha.com/mechlab?b=90c8132b_CTF-2X
    Brawling is good, with the setup demanding good positioning and close range. Cooling is decent, is able to twist and shield and decent speed ontop.
    Highest damage played: 1070

Last edited: Jun 30, 2023
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast