CTF-2X Painbringer (2x SRM6+A, 1x LBX10, 3x MLas, STD300)
5/5,

1 rating

Thread in 'CTF-2X' started by Matta, Jul 19, 2013.

1. Matta

Matta New Member

With SRM buff in current patch this build shines in close combat and brawling. It's really impressive how much damage can inflict in a single match, especially on maps with lots of cover (River City, Frozen City, Forest Colony).
    Standard 300 engine gives good maneuverability and decent chance for survival.

Heat management is advisable but should pose no problem. Sometimes I find myself without SRM and LBX ammo left but that's only when really intensive close combat occur.

All in all, good build if you prefer to keep your enemy close to you.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2014
  2. The Verge

The Verge Moderator Staff Member

I would drop to an STD280 and use AMS.

Also, there is no point in using Artemis in this mech. Your SRM6's come out as 4+2. when you fire all of them, it's 4+4+4. And SRM4's are already tighter than SRM6's without Artemis.

But if it does work better with artemis, let me know.

3. Regina Redshift

Regina Redshift Sass Elemental

If you drop to SRM4+As from SRM6+As, then you get back quite a bit of tonnage. I used it to pack in CASE for both ammo bins, sure up the leg armor and add AMS. (I also stripped out a DHS, since you were above 40% cooling)

However, that makes the alpha look pretty bad.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2014
  4. The Verge

vs

with a STD engine, this mech rocks. I love this build, and it works like a dream.

BTW, weapon groups, for those who want to know
    1. Arm Weapons (RA, LA) {ML, 2x SRM6+A}
    2. Torso Energy (RT,LT) {2x ML}
    3. Torso Ballistic (RT) {LBX10}

5. The Verge

5/5,
    Having mastered this mech with this loadout, this is the best brawling loadout I've found for this chassis.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast