CPLT-C1 Unnamed (2x LRM15+A, 2x MLas, 2x JJ, XL315)

Thread in 'CPLT-C1' started by Generalthief, Aug 16, 2014.

1. Generalthief

Generalthief New Member

this a the catapult c-1 build i am using, just wondering if its good or any suggestions would be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2014
  2. epikt

epikt Benefactor

Hello and welcome on Mecspecs.

Please read this post on how to title your threads.

About your build:
    1/ CASE is useless with an XL engine. It prevents the damage to spread from side torsos to center torso, but it does not prevent the destruction of the side torso (and the engine with it);
    2/ mount a BAP instead of command console. BAP is the mandatory equipment for every LRM-boat. It boosts sensors a bit and counter close range ECM;
    3/ you have too many DHS, there is no need for a 50+ heat efficiency. It depends on the build but 35-40% is usually pretty good;
    4/ you're low on ammo, you might want to add a ton or two;
    5/ you should consider mounting a TAG.

I also think you're wasting tonnage with the XL315 where a 300 should be enough (and a much more useful engine to have on you garage) and with too many jets.
    But I'll stop here or I'll slowly recreate my own build (which is, in my humble opinion of course, the best you can do on this variant).

3. Generalthief

Generalthief New Member

alright here is my second attempt

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2014
  4. epikt

epikt Benefactor

I like it.
    Though I just noticed your armor rating is quite low. I think you can remove 1.5t of ammo to max the armor on torsos and add it on the legs (~40) and arms (~35). Catapults are fragile enough to make the enemies task easier by shaving the armor too much.
    1440 missiles should be enough for 2x15. But as always for ammo count, it depends on your playstyle and you will adjust it as you play and notice you need more or less.

Well, now it became a variant of the classic "Grimm variant", but it's a good thing, isn't it? ;)

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast