COR-BR "High and Tight" (1xLB20X, 1xSNPPC, 1xMRM40, 2xAMS, STD325)

Thread in 'Broadside' started by ShooterMcGavin80, Mar 20, 2019.

1. ShooterMcGavin80

ShooterMcGavin80 Advanced Member

Those low and wide arm mounts really annoy me, so I focused a build on what I could do with the three pretty decently high hardpoints. 1 energy, 1 ballistic, 1 missile. Put the biggest guns you can in those, and you end up with:

alternate link:

Nasty damage alpha if you can land the majority of the MRM's on a big target up close. The LB20X and Snub PPC work nicely together for a solid 30 pinpoint. Very much an in-your face brawly mech. AMS helps shut down the missiles while you get close.

When peaking vertically, it is nice; once you clear your cockpit you can fire and all your weapons should hit. When peaking laterally around a corner you still have to expose all your torsos, but it is easier than if you have to also clear your wide arms. Plus, your weapons are high enough that you can shoot over most friendly lights and mediums that might be running around in the way in front of you.

It is hot, but you can override to consume your generous internal structure if you are in a do-or-die situation. Once skilled heat is actually pretty not bad at all.

Fire groups:
    1: (left click) LB20X and SNPPC
    2: (right click) SNPPC only
    3: MRM40

Potential skills:
    https://kitlaan.gitlab.io/mwoskill/?p=jsonbin1.5c9534202d33133c401b19a2#s=Weapons

Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
  2. Throet

Throet Active Member

While both the LB20X and the SNPPC are front loaded, the LB20X is not pin-point. Not even a little bit.

Also, a single MRM40 by itself is deprecated. Case in point, it had it's HP nerfed to the point where it's total volley health is the same as a single MRM20 volley. This, combined with the already increased volley duration of MRM40 means it's performance against AMS is inferior to that of the MRM20.

To bring that home with stats, take a look at how they perform under ideal AMS circumstances:
    https://i.redd.it/bhyo4z43ccn21.png

3. ShooterMcGavin80

All true. However,

Regarding pinpoint; the LB20X is of course a spread weapon, however at close ranges (150 meters and under), I find its spread is tight enough to hit mostly a single component, especially on assaults and heavies. Under 200 meters is the range you want to be trying to fight in in this build. I like the LB20X in lieu of the AC20 in this case due to the higher velocity (much easier to hit lights) and open component crit chance. The other option is gauss; however the LB20X is less vulnerable to being critted than a HGR or GR in your ST.

This short range theory also goes for the MRM40, with this build the MRM40 is not a midrange trading weapon, but a short range damage dumper. If firing at short range you shouldn't be losing many missiles at all to AMS. The missile hardpoints in the CT and head don't have the slots to fit an MRM20, so you're stuck with just the RT launcher. Although I could juice it up to MRM50 with an MRM10 in the CT... hmm..

I've been skilling it up, it is definitely a situational and map specific mech. It can excel on the short range brawly maps (Mining, Solaris, and to some extent Canyon, HPG, Rubelite, and Bog), but on maps where the range can be mid or long range, you can be useless if the enemy team is competent.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2019
  4. ShooterMcGavin80

Post skill-up report: It is fun. Range limited, but it can excel in the right situation. I knocked out 4 900 damage games running it, so I am going to call it effective. However, it has a crippling lack of capacity in midrange. I'm sticking with the brawly version in the original post, but for consideration for people who like some midrange capacity, by upgrading to MRM50, changing the snubbie to an ERPPC and the LB20X to an LB10X, you get a much better ability to threaten people who are at 500 meters: