COM-2D "Marathon" (2x SRM6, 1x MLas, ECM, XL195)

Thread in 'COM-2D' started by Cpt Chattahah, May 26, 2013.

1. Cpt Chattahah

Cpt Chattahah Min-Max Maniac

COM-2D
    This is my current load-out and holy hell is it fun to run. There's plenty of speed to be able to scout, cap, target, harass and do some significant hit and run with the 12SRM shotgun setup. Kills come if you cherry-pick off a group target but it is a CBill machine with assists.

I am really enjoying this build, however, I am always looking to improve. Anyone else used a similar spec or have suggestions?

Thanks, guys.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2014
  2. Cpt Chattahah

Cpt Chattahah Min-Max Maniac

I actually only have .01# free. I was considering DHS, however, with the engine, it requires 3 external HS and I would run out of slots and have to remove firepower. Also, in most maps, I am only firing an occasional burst as I run past an enemy.

I will upgrade the engine as more CBills come in. That 136k speed would be crazy fun. :D

Thanks for taking a look!

3. epikt

epikt Benefactor

Michael, your build would be great but it lacks 2 heat-sinks to launch!
    (the rule is kinda stupid actually)

Chattahah's design is good. Not sure if it's a good mech (says the guy with a SRM6+2*SRM4 mando ^^) but it might be the best you can do if you want 2*SRM6.
    I'd just locate the HS in the legs for better dissipation when under water.
    Maybe strip some armor from the head to place it on other location (you're almost never headshot on a commando)

4. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

You were correct; I don't even know how I missed that. I'm gonna suggest to Smurfy that builds with

5. Regina Redshift

Regina Redshift Sass Elemental

There are some serious inefficiencies that can be added to this 'mech right out of the gate.

1) Move the SHS to the legs (Better cooling in water)
    2) Change the arm SRM6 to a SRM4 and an SRM2, that way all 6 missiles fire in one volley.

I might downgrade the MLas to a SLas and drop a HS in order to run an XL200, since it's an even multiple of 25, but I don't think that is (strictly speaking) necessary. Especially since you'll cool better in water with 3 SHS in the legs as opposed to 2.

6. Trifler

Trifler Active Member

I agree with Archwright on items 1 and 2. Although on point 2 I think 3x SRM4 would work better than 1 SRM2, 1 SRM4, and 1 SRM6. Both fire 12 missiles, but with 3x SRM4 they all reload at the same rate.

Another option is to switch to a COM-3A, which actually has 6 missile tubes in both the arm and the torso. Perhaps eventually the Devs will get around to creating some swappable weapon modules for the Commando like they've been adding to other mechs. It would certainly make sense for weapons attached to the arm, such as this one, but that's beyond our control.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast