CN9-D "Slothsauce" (2x AC5, 2x MLas, 2x SSRM2, XL245)

Thread in 'CN9-D' started by Sir Tiddles, Mar 27, 2014.

1. Sir Tiddles

Sir Tiddles Active Member

I got the free CN9-A(C) mech a while ago, and I have a need for the XL 300 on another chassis so I decided to buy this Cent variant. This is my attempt to make the best build possible on the CN9-D with the existing parts (ie, cheap) I already had on-hand.

The main weapons are dual AC5s with a total of 4 tons of ammo, which is enough for pretty much every fight. I had a build with AC2s, but it didn't feel quite right on a Cent (I found it really hard to consistently use my shield arm to soak damage and also maintain constant fire). For hitting the light harassers that outspeed you, there are dual medium lasers (easily best weapon in the game) and dual streak launchers. I wish I had enough tonnage open for AMS or BAP, but you can't have everything. The whole mess is built upon an XL 245, which I can't for the life of me remember why I ever bought -- but it was light enough to fit in after weapons were installed and I had it already.

I definitely feel a tad slow for a medium, but I feel the tradeoff is well worth it as you get a fairly hard hitting mech in return. And with dual AC5s being the main event, you will put out consistent screen shake and dps even on the hot maps.

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=29&l=87f0a78ca4b1c76a3c52627fcde0e4775c2a85e5

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2014
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast