CN9-AL "Heat Seeker" Controlled Version (ERLLas, LLas, 2xMLas, AMS, BAP, STD270)+XL275 ver

Thread in 'CN9-AL' started by Auriga, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Auriga

Auriga MechSpecs Addict

[size=14pt]The XL version is 2 posts below

Like we gonna get a Centurion soon, i decided to get other 2 of them. Choosed the -D, cause it comes with XL and it has the highest engine rating of the chassis, and the -AL, cause the -A is redudant if u own the -D.

Brawler fitted with some pieces i had around in the inventory. Surprisingly easily to control its heat. I tend to use the ERLLas at the star and then switch to push the LLas, but i have tested that u can reliabily fire 2 alphas in Tourmaline Desert without problems and with 0 efficiencies.

Weapons groups im using:
    1) 2x MLas
    2) LLas
    3) ERLLas

If u keep the weapons working in their optimal range, its great. Im targeting mostly target's side torsos and legs.

My second battle in it. I still had forgot to place consumables, and the kills were not steal ones, just lucky XLs :p
    [​IMG]

The config look more sexy with the FRR colours as backup :cool:
    [img width=700 height=395]http://www.subeimagenes.com/img/screenshot0144-1098025.jpg[/img]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2014
  2. jarien13

jarien13 New Member

3x SRM4/6+A in your enemies face from the CN9-A makes it not redundant to the -D. :D

3. Auriga

Auriga MechSpecs Addict

Its the only build, and can still be better done in a Griffin or Shadowhawk, with 5 more tons to spare in ammo and equipt, and Jumpjets, that are the main reason to create a SRM6+A spec. Thats why u see so little Centurions and so many ShadowHawks and Griffins.

4. Auriga

Auriga MechSpecs Addict

Came to an interesting variant with max XL engine:

Or:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2014
  5. jarien13

jarien13 New Member

I was only talking about the comparison between the -A and the -D as being redundant, specifically referring to the -A with 3 missile hard-points, whereas the -D only has 2, thus you can put 3x SRM6 on the -A while only being able to put 2x SRM6 on the -D. As far as I'm concerned, the ballistic point on the -A is just there, load it or leave it depending on how you want to run, but running a -D without making use of the at least one of the two ballistic hardpoints is a waste (imho). The -D is a ballistic Cent, the -A is a missile Cent. When I worked on mastering my (freebie) Centurion-A(C), I ran AC2 (pre-nerf), 2x LRM5+A, 2x MLas and used it as a support & harassment mech to earn assist xp, and the stock -A does come with AC10, so it's not the only build for the chassis, just in many opinions the most effective build to run MPL and SRMs, which is what I now mostly run when I drop my CN9-A(C). :cool:

Also, I wasn't saying that the loadout couldn't be done better on a different chassis, I was just saying you can't put 3 SRM on a CN9-D, only comparing the -A and the -D, not to any other mech or chassis. The Shadowhawk and Griffin are both 5 tons heavier than the Cent, with more hardpoints and available tonnage, they better be able to run the loadout better. The Shadowhawk-2K and the Griffin-1N can run the exact same weapons (while leaving one energy point open) and ammo with a larger engine and max armor to run only about 3kph slower, or you can tweak to add JJ of course. So, basically, the Shadowhawk and Griffin can not only run that 3x SRM6 loadout, they are exactly as you say: they have flexibility to run more diverse load-outs, with comparable speed and better armor caps. But this thread was not talking about those mechs, it's about the Centurion. :)

6. Lan

Lan Mech Wrangler

I like this setup, though I may go for similar LLAS instead. I'll revise my cent's too now that the AH is coming.

The CN9-A is unique. Yes, other chassi can do more DPS with JJ's but the A is The Medium Tank. They really can't compare in the zombie dept with the A's hitboxes. Plus, the A can still perform. A pal of mine regularly goes 500 dmg with it, insane.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast