Solaris CN9-AH "Bite the Bullet" (1x AC20, 3x SRM4, XL255/XL225)
5/5,

9 ratings

Thread in 'CN9-AH' started by LT Satisfactory, Oct 21, 2014.

1. LT Satisfactory

LT Satisfactory Benefactor

It seems a shame to not play with an AC20 since I never bought a YenLo, and the most srms you can reasonably fit are srm4's so...tada. Have to take an XL instead of the STD250 because of the heavier weight of missiles over MLs, but:

or, if you need even more ammo than that, you can drop speed (10kph) to obtain it:

Last edited: Oct 21, 2014
    ekzorzio and Darem like this.
  2. Spheroid

Spheroid Well-Known Member

5/5,
    good build. I downgraded one launcher to a SRM2 which gives me 250 rounds total(20.83 salvoes).

3. epikt

epikt Benefactor

As always, I need MOAR ammo!

It's the best I came up with on the -AH. Good kick with the AC/20, plus generous missile volley if they're close enough.
    XL engine unfortunately, but it is the burden of this variant I'm afraid.

ekzorzio likes this.
  4. Tuhs

Tuhs New Member

5/5,
    Love this build, its the same one I've been using. Interesting fact,synced to the AC20 firing rate you have about 90secs of firing time w/ 21 shots, 2 minutes with 28 (assuming you don't overheat first, which you will if you tried to fire it that fast). That is of course w/o quirks and whatnaught - So practicing good fire control is key! Else you might find your self using collision damage to finish the match

Last edited: Nov 2, 2014
  5. skribs

skribs Min-Max Maniac

Epikt, normally I find a build I like, find the tweaked version I loke best and adjust it to fit exactly how I want it.

In this case I'm just going with your version.

6. LT Satisfactory

LT Satisfactory Benefactor

Yep, I got this as my final build for this mech I think. I die often enough without using all the ammo (or get the arm blown off) so I didn't want to drop to an xl225. So, middle ground was taken:

7. Darem

Darem New Member

5/5,
    Pretty good build, i use the same, but with more ammo aha

8. knightsljx

knightsljx Well-Known Member

5/5,
    AC20/3x SRM4/XL255 best build. if you finish the ammo and everything hits, you've done your job

9. The Verge

The Verge Moderator Staff Member

5/5,
    Mastered my mech with this loadout, and it works like a dream!

10. psychosmurf96

psychosmurf96 Active Member

I love the centurion ever since I got my champion one from the event so long ago so when I got my AH from loyalty last year and another one from my urbanmech pre-order, I felt it was time for a tune up on this chassis I has loved so much in my beginnings of MWO. I present to you, The Fencer, the speedy fighter with finesse (just kidding big guns all day) who with precise AC20 shots can wreck face and soften up targets as they wince in pain from your SRM strikes.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Anonymous Member

5/5,
    Takes full advantage of the quirks. Packs a hit-and-run punch.

12. Article66

Article66 New Member

Been playing this mech a lot in the Pot of Gold challenge and amended it following Spheroid's advice and got this :

Only dropped a few points of damage but the ammo is enough to last till the end.
    Fire the ac/20 if the shot presents itself else run in and alpha, alpha, alpha until they are dead!

13. Shock

Shock Patron of the Underdog Staff Member

I run it like this. Armor stripped as far as it can reasonably go. You can't fight groups of mechs but one at a time, you're kicking ass. It's all about the solo kill.

14. TheOddball

TheOddball New Member

5/5,
    Good idea, but time for rebuilding with new tech! Used Light Ferro armor and picked up enough weight to max armor with the XL255.

15. lord_auriel

lord_auriel Benefactor

I run it with an XL245 and standard armor.
    Such a beast. It kills stuff reliably and is hilariously powerful in QP. Full survivability tree and almost full speed tweak. I just love this thing.

16. Lorgot

Lorgot Advanced Member

17. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

5/5,
    Excellent Solaris/Scouting mech.

18. DaniBot

DaniBot Junior Member

5/5,
    Best punch you get imo - clean execution.

19. Durandal

Durandal Min-Max Maniac

[​IMG]

Still works, the improvements in the 4/20 patch helped that AC20 a lot.

Ignore the team damage XD someone moved in front of me while I torso twisted.,..

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast