Cheers PGI - no really!

Thread in 'Blood Asp' started by Gun Tuv, Jun 19, 2018.

1. Gun Tuv

Gun Tuv Well-Known Member

These new high torso mounts are all kinds of amazing. Sure, you're a bit more vulnerable but my god they're so high up that you can do stuff other mechs simply cannot. I was second line in a brawl earlier and I shooting clean *over* my team-mates who were standing directly in front of me! I guess my only builds which arguably suffer are the ones which group weapon systems between the arms and torsos (like my ATM/med pulse Rancor), but at the end of the day one can either cope with this or refit. I enjoyed my Blood Asps before but they perhaps felt a little bland - now they have genuine character; something that makes them different from their competitors. Good job PGI.

Excalibaard likes this.
  2. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

I still would've preferred barrels over barn doors, but this is a pretty satisfying different way of looking at it :)

Remover of Obstacles likes this.
  3. Gun Tuv

You mean like thin unseen Marauderesque barrels? Yeah that would have been cool. The BAS shoulder mounts side profile is kinda horrendous now. It's probably balanced quite well though?

4. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

I think with long barrels sticking out Roughneck-esque (that's fun to say!) I think it'd still be a plenty large hitbox. Or at least make it only this large when you equip 2 weapons in it, just like rifleman/jagermech arms only increase in size as weapons are equipped.

I'm happy PGI listened, (including the putting 2 weapons in a high pod) but disappointed they screwed something else up in the process.

Gun Tuv likes this.
  5. Gun Tuv

Yeah I getcha. Lot of housing there for a non-existent/single weapon...

6. MachineGod

MachineGod Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

something more along these lines woulda been sweet too

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast