CDA-3M Nasty Sting (1x LPLas, 3x MLas, 1x MG, ECM, XL300)

Thread in 'CDA-3M' started by Aylek, Mar 1, 2014.

1. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

This began as an experiment after the recent buff to the LPLas, but quickly turned out to be a pretty efficient and mean mech. It packs quite a punch while still being faster than nearly all other medium mechs. The loadout is pretty straight forward, and while the LPLas doesn't reach as fas as the (ER) LLas of other versions, the added damage from the LPLas comes in handy quite often. One could argue that the single MG doesn't add anything worthwhile and should be skipped in favour of a bigger engine, but I like it for what it does for a mere 1,5 tons.

Update August 13 / 2014:

I don't like to give away components destructions. Additionally to this there's are still head shots happening, so I won't lower the head's armor that much (if at all...).

Here's my updated version.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2014
  2. RuffContact

RuffContact New Member

like the kite build

3. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

Wow, i like this loadout. It has an impressive Alphastrike and a Minidakka to crit components. Good job!

Here is my variant with one more Heatsink, because it's a hot sexy build!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2014
  4. skidog2k3

skidog2k3 Dispossessed

Interesting build Aylek, have you run it yet?
    I'm curious what play style you use with it.
    Guessing maybe a punch and run because of the reduced range of the LPlas?

5. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

i just played it. Since Lurmageddon, i stay with my team, shielding them with ECM. Whenever some fools come too close, you just give some nasy Alphastings to their Torsos. It worked very well. :rolleyes:

6. skidog2k3

skidog2k3 Dispossessed

I'll try it tonight ;)

7. Aylek

Yes, I am running it since I changed my 3M to this one (the date can be estimated from the short description in the OP) and haven't looked back since then.

It works great both as a bodyguard, which plays like Blagg described above, but also as a kind of backup for a small swarm of light mechs. Order them not to speed away, cover your group's movement with ECM and then coordinate nasty (hence the name) backstabbing punches or simply go and kill LRM boats or dedicated snipers.

8. don Zappo

don Zappo Advanced Member

Here's an update for the new half-tons of ammo that we're allowed to carry. Now you really can have it all - heat sinks and a machine gun! Alternatively, slap an additional ton of armor on and take away a DHS or the MG.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2014
  9. Aylek

Very good idea! I added my latest version carrying half a ton of MG ammo.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2014
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast