CDA-3C Fast Sniper (2x AC2, XL295)

Thread in 'CDA-3C' started by Vorus, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Vorus

Vorus Active Member

This is an attempt at a third Cicada, so that I can get my main Cicada (2A 6MLas) up to Elite. I don't want to spend a ton of cash on a "throwaway" Mech, so I'm recycling my XL295 (The only engine I own at the moment.) and just trying to make a Mech I can hopefully put to good use for as many matches as it taxes to get the XP I need.

I'm thinking with my speed and armor, and playing smart, (staying near cover, near my teammates, etc) I can be a decent support sniper.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2014
  2. Vorus

Vorus Active Member

Update:

Drops the DHS, and then sacrifices 1 ton of armor (8 from each arm and leg) for one ton of ammo. Gives you the same amount of ammo, but for 1.5mil fewer cbills. This is what I'm running at the moment, because I couldn't convince myself to spend the 1.5mil DHS for a "throwaway" Mech.

Runs noticeably hotter, but just give the guns a rest every once and a while, keep a couple of Cool Shots on you, and it's not too bad.

It works pretty well, as long as your teammates can pull their weight. You're not going to get a lot of Heavy or Assault kills, but I've picked off a few Mediums so far. (And one Commando who got stupid and stood still for too long.) If you can keep yourself at range, it seems to be at least a moderately useful 3C.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2014
  3. Mythweaver

Mythweaver Advanced Member

How many expended Cool Shots does it take to add up to $1.5 Million? How many drops will it take to complete the Basic Skill Tree? I can't look up that information from work, I'm just curious if you will really save any money.

Mythweaver

Post Script: Could you not just run this 'mech with an ER PPC for more damage and better heat control?

4. Vorus

Vorus Active Member

I don't know either. I'm sure it would depend a LOT on circumstances. If I only use one CS per 4-5 matches, I should be good on cash, but if I have to use 2 per match that's 50k a match. So far, I have only used 1 10k CS in 3 matches, so I think I'm coming out ahead so far. That's less than 200k for the max of 50 or so matches to complete Basic.

Hmm, might be worth a try, that's for sure. Not as much sustained DPS, but more punch per hit, and less spread of damage.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast