CLOSED builds over tonnage limit

Thread in 'Suggestions, Bugs and Feedback' started by glenn crissman, Jul 28, 2015.

1. glenn crissman

glenn crissman New Member

why are there soooo many builds on this site that are over the mechs weight limit? has no one noticed? is there no one to remove them? should i report these posts when i find them?

2. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

If there is an issue with the weight limit it is something that is done within Smurfy itself and not something subject to our direct control other than to assess the posts and remove them. We can't scan 70,000 messages every couple of weeks to ensure that every one of them is compliant.

Help the community to help the community. If you see something that doesn't belong, report it.

3. Remarius

Remarius Star Lord

I presume these are old Timberwolves etc from before the jump jet changes?

enileph likes this.
  4. Durandal

Durandal Min-Max Maniac

Probably a lot of KFX builds too

5. Remarius

Remarius Star Lord

In fairness to the OP this was extensively discussed elsewhere part way through the quirk changes. The problem is what to do with suddenly non qualifying builds or requirked and how to identify them. Remember that there is a complete quirk redesign coming so balance will totally change ... again... even a Battle Rating system coming in.

There was a lot of argument over whether mechspecs should be a repository of only current or historical fits. I don't want to summarise the long thread but a few of us were adamantly against mechs just being deleted as the historical evolution helps us design new setups. At the other extreme others wanted only current fits and just see the old builds as clutter.

The discussion spawned a lot of points like - How do you locate builds needing rebuilding? Who rebuilds them? Should all ratings be temporary or wiped whenever a quirk or mech changes? What happens if a new mech is introduced or one changes which totally upsets the balance - should all mechs need re-rating (e.g. the currently insanely op arctic cheetah has totally shifted balance in the light class)? What happens when omnipods change as balance is inevitably changed (e.g. all those recent changes to TBR/SCR's)?

The topic was quietly shelved. ;)

PS: I'm personally a fan of users notifying an admin of non qualifying builds and the title just being amended to add "- Redundant" to the end but I'm sure a lot disagree.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast