BLR-1G "Pick up the acid" (1x LPL, 6x MPL, AMS, STD340)
5/5,

1 rating

Thread in 'BLR-1G' started by Excalibaard, Oct 9, 2014.

1. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

Yes, running a wubwubmaster with an XL400 is fun.
    It's even pretty deadly.
    But you can't tank yo damage for yo team, yo.
    Time to drop the base, with a super lame pun in the title.

AMS for the LRM meta, lots of armor for the SRM meta, lots of pulselasers to bsh sum heds in o dem cheky scr00bl0rds. STD engine to take a lot of punishment and keep wubbing.

If you don't have a crippling annoyance of swapping a right torso MPL and the LPL, that's probably a good idea because it's easier to poke over hills and that way you'll get more damage off.

XL400 variant (Credits to TheB33f, and Vergere for posting it on MechSpecs)

Alternatively, drop to XL395, and put the 3 tons you have (lost 1 DHS in engine) into a command console, because everyone knows you're the real boss on the battlefield.

Ok, bye!

Last edited: Oct 9, 2014
    Abigail Acerose likes this.
  2. Phalanx

Phalanx New Member

Hi, new member to the site. :) Quick question for you.

Do the MPLs pick up the benefit of the Medium Laser quirks? Or is it specific to MLs? I ran this build tonight, did pretty well, but I saw the quirks and wondered. :)

3. RNIntegrity

RNIntegrity Active Member

Lasers and pulse lasers are different categories for quirks, aside from both benefiting from energy quirks.

Phalanx likes this.
  4. Phalanx

Phalanx New Member

Thank you. Might try the build with MLs in that case. :) See how it does.

5. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

Wubmaster has been made pointless due to the insane pulse laser quirks on the TDR-5SS.
    When downgrading to regular MLs, you'll have a lot of tonnage free, So I'd suggest to build something that can use it all (for example ballistic support)

Very quick, not very viable, example.

6. Sassafras

Sassafras MechSpecs Addict

By downgrading to MLas and removing AMS you have the tonnage free to add in another LPLas (2x LPLas + 5x MLas) which is a pretty hard hitting laser vomit build.

7. boods

boods Active Member

5/5,
    I gave this a try and I was more than surprised; decent speed with speedtweak and very durable.

3 kills, 5 assists, 600 damage. Great build!

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast