BJ-1X "Party Animal" (4x ML, 4x SPL, BAP, STD275)

Thread in 'BJ-1X' started by r00tb33r, Jul 24, 2016.

1. r00tb33r

r00tb33r Junior Member

A hybrid "laser vomit" build, but toned-down for highest alpha-to-heat ratio made specifically for Scouting runs. Fast, adaptable, & deadly. As a team player, the Party Animal can match Stormcrow speeds and counters most of their meta builds if used properly, so get in range and wreck them! Use that STD engine to your advantage; it's made to take punishment but survive long enough to still gather intel.

Group 1: Medium Lasers
    Group 2: Small Pulse Lasers

If you don't care for the BAP, just upgrade the engine/place more DHS. Plenty of space for it leftover.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
  2. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

hmm I'm never really sure if STD engines are worth it in the BJ-1X. I don't often get side-torso cored even when twisting. Also, SPL have better 'alpha' as they deal 4 dmg in .5s instead of 5 dmg in .9s, making it deal more focused damage (8DPS vs 5.55DPS). With ML, total damage is more but also more spread out.

If you go XL295 you get more than enough tonnage to mount MPL instead which deal 6 in .6 (10DPS) - which is significantly deadlier than the regular MLs - together with more heat dissipation.

Grp1: Left MPL, Grp2: Right MPL, Grp3: SPL

If BAP's info gathering is super precious, you can get some tonnage by going 5x3. Eventually you can also remove a DHS for the rest of the tonnage but I don't really see where you'd want to put the remaining .5 tons.

Grp1: MPL, Grp2: SPL

I know you lose the advantage of the STD engine but imo the advantage of XL outweighs potentially outrunning someone to cap intel after having lost a sidetorso, while you're slower than quite a few of the mechs being played in scout mode.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2016
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast