1. Dear MechSpecs visitors!

To help pay for the hosting, an extra ad slot using Google AdSense's new 'AutoAd' system is being tested. This is only enabled for our (many) guest visitors, so register an account and the site will be back to how it was. Let us know if these ads get too invasive, as user experience is of course top priority!
    --- Regards, the MechSpecs team!

Casual BAS-PRIME "Blood Splat" (2xLBX20 3xSRM6)
5/5,

2 ratings

Thread in 'Blood Asp Omni Builds' started by Excalibaard, May 17, 2018.

1. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

Slot-perfect variation on the popular SPLAT assaults. High LBX20 mean you may want to invest in magazine skills.

Feel free to destroy slot perfection by exchanging DHS for ammo too, it's a really cold build in this iteration and I've run out of ammo 2 out of 5 matches. Currently only 24 shots for dual lbx20 and 20 shots for 3xsrm6.

My Artemis variation (mentioned adaptation in comments!)

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018 at 4:30 AM
    Gun Tuv likes this.
  2. IronEleven

IronEleven Active Member

Not sure I like the idea of cSRM6es without Artemis

3. Excalibaard

I like it better than spending 67% extra tonnage trying to fix spread that's going to suck anyway, especially if it's not the main weapon.

If you want artemis, cut some DHS.

Last edited: May 17, 2018
    Shock likes this.
  4. Gun Tuv

Gun Tuv Active Member

Artemis got nerfed a while back and I've not really bothered putting it on SRMs since. If I used lurms I would probably artemis them.

Raddue likes this.
  5. Excalibaard

IS srm6+a is worth it imo, but not for clans.

6. Dagonus

Dagonus Star Lord

5/5,
    Point and explode. Works quite well and is definitely a fun build.

7. Zeoraimer

Zeoraimer New Member

5/5,
    This config didn't work as well for me until I put in Artemis. After that, it performed great!

8. Excalibaard

My issue with clan srms with artemis is purely an efficiency one :)

for IS SRM6: you're adding 1/1 ton/slots on a 3/2 ton/slots weapon, so a 33% increase in weight and 50% increase in size.
    for Clan SRM6: you're adding 1/1 t/s on a 1.5/1 t/s weapon, so a 67% increase in weight and 100% increase in size.

I think the latter, while artemis does improve the performance of the SRMs individually, makes the SRM6s much harder to fit in as a support weapon for the dual LBX20, since you're spending 7.5/6 t/s instead of 4.5/3 t/s, and will have to compromise in either heat efficiency or ammo (the latter is already quite low). But, it's undeniably a deadlier build in terms of focused firepower.