BAS-B "Time To Kill" (2xcAC20, 6xcMPL, ECM)

Thread in 'Blood Asp Omni Builds' started by Remover of Obstacles, Apr 18, 2021.

1. Short range clean up mech. Not enough range to engage early. Save armor, get in good position, and make your ambushes count.

April 2021 patch - Two AC20s can be fired without ghost heat, bringing it in line with LBX20s. Note: LBX20s can be used and will be cooler.
    MPLs get some of their nerfs rolled back.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2021
  2. Durandal

Durandal Min-Max Maniac

Had to peel a half ton of ammo off this build to actually make it...when I tried in-game with those armor values, it shows up .5 tons over what MechDB has it listed at:
    [​IMG]

(Also it came in slightly under-tonned at 89.9, was able to add 1 armor to head and each leg when I built it in-game)

Overall, it puts out a lot of hate, but this thing runs pretty hot...gotta be very careful not to overheat fast.

Last edit, here's the version I ended up with on Smurphy...I think MechDB just has a wrong value for the BAS-B somewhere.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2021
  3. Durandal

Durandal Min-Max Maniac

Also, a modded version...lower alpha, less heat, higher sustained DPS though. Gotta play smart to get in close, but it works:

Excalibaard likes this.
  4. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

I found 6 mediums or 6 medium pulse to be a bit too hot in close combat with 2AC20 and the little room it leaves for heatsinks, splitting the arms is definitely a great option i hadn't thought of yet (only found that 6 small isn't strong enough)

5. Durandal

Durandal Min-Max Maniac

Working with the 3MPL/3SPL version to deal with heat, it took a while to get used to, but...

[​IMG]

I'd say it works, once you get it down right.

6. ShooterMcGavin80

ShooterMcGavin80 MechSpecs Addict

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast