1. Dear MechSpecs visitors!

To help pay for the hosting, an extra ad slot using Google AdSense's new 'AutoAd' system is being tested. This is only enabled for our (many) guest visitors, so register an account and the site will be back to how it was. Let us know if these ads get too invasive, as user experience is of course top priority!
    --- Regards, the MechSpecs team!

Casual BAS-B "Looky Luke" (3xUAC5 2xHLL cECM)

Thread in 'Blood Asp Omni Builds' started by Excalibaard, Oct 20, 2018.

1. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

Another build that uses the towering hardpoints of the BAS to exploit a medium range monster build. Spoopy!

Lorgot likes this.
  2. Lorgot

Lorgot Well-Known Member

Similar optimal range and cooler

Excalibaard likes this.
  3. Excalibaard

Made one with slightly more alpha (still don't like the hardpoint locations #3 and #4)

4. Lorgot

Lorgot Well-Known Member

IMHO I think erml and HLL are way to hot nowadays, so using lpl and mpl is preferable, even with the quick heat dissipation, alpha-ing with all the lazors would bring you to about 75 percent already, so you would need to back off quickly

5. Excalibaard

I have been debating between the two. I agree that LPL have better D/H ratio and superior DPS, and even 2xERPPC is cooler than the 2x(HLL+ERML). However, the alpha and suppression of the HeavyLaser/PPC choice are perfect for a peeking strategy with your high mounted weapons. They're two different playstyles.

I'd choose LPL if I'm pushing and want consistent damage dealt up to 650ish meters. It's great for putting out intense damage numbers and focused damage.
    I'd choose PPCs/HLL+ERML combo if I want to fire/double tap once, and cool in cover afterwards (either moving forward during the suppressing duration of my lasers, or going back behind the hill). For that it may be better to run the dual UAC10 instead though because of higher alpha.

Thinking like this makes me realize I'll use the LPL variant you suggested. I already have a hot alpha BASP using UAC10s with my 2UAC10 6ERML build, and a cold brawler with 2LBX20 3SRM6. That leaves a long range DPS strategy to separate this BASP from my others, which your build is best for.

Adapted for the BAS-A which has an annoyingly heavy CT Jumpjet I have to work with, I'd get this (might exchange a ton of ammo for another DHS):

Lorgot likes this.