1. Dear MechSpecs visitors!

To help pay for the hosting, an extra ad slot using Google AdSense's new 'AutoAd' system is being tested. This is only enabled for our (many) guest visitors, so register an account and the site will be back to how it was. Let us know if these ads get too invasive, as user experience is of course top priority!
    --- Regards, the MechSpecs team!

Casual BAS-A "Gazing Gertrude" (1xcUAC20 2xcERPPC cECM)

Thread in 'Blood Asp Omni Builds' started by Excalibaard, Nov 9, 2018 at 4:18 PM.

1. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

After theory crafting many variations on this build, I think there is no better variation than the original, which apparently was not yet posted.

I tried longer range UAC10s with the Peeping Pete but that was far too hot.
    Tried with lasers and UAC5s in the Looky Luke but it didn't pack enough punch.
    ERPPCs and UAC5s in the Watching Walder was even worse, even though velocity matched pretty nicely.

So, here we are with Gertrude, a menacing, beastly b*tch of a mech. Dual ERPPC make you useful in any map, but if the fight gets close you have a 70 damage alpha concentrated around one spot, which you can fire over your teammates' head. The relatively low weight of a single UAC20 gives you plenty of DHS to fire for days on end.

A logical variation would be to play this with LPL, which can perfectly exchange the ERPPCs. and are less hot. Eventually, those LPL supplemented with extra ERML, but that gets hot really quickly.

I don't use the jumpjets, this is just the variant I had left over and the build can't use the tonnage much otherwise anyway, so the locked jumpjet is not detrimental to the performance of the build.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018 at 4:25 PM
  2. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

LPL+ERML variation that I talked about, feel free to make something in between this and the original build to suit your needs.