AWS-8T Lurmvivalist (2x LRM15+A, 4x MLAS, TAG, BAP, AMS, 2x C.A.S.E., STD290)
4.33333/5,

3 ratings

Thread in 'AWS-8T' started by Motörhead, Nov 10, 2014.

1. Motörhead

Motörhead Benefactor

Additional Structure Center Torso 20
    Additional Structure L/R Torso 10
    Energy Weapon Cooldown 15%
    Energy Weapon Heat Generation -15%
    Energy Weapon Range 15%
    LRM/15 Cooldown 25%
    Missile Weapon Heat Generation -15%
    Torso Pitch Speed 10%
    Torso Yaw Speed 10%

Modules :

Adv.Target.Decay
    MLas range
    LRM15 cooldown
    Radar Deprivation

Since the quirks made it really viable with a max STD engine as an LRM mech too, here it is. I built this with STD 300 originally, but I think when mounting endo steel on an assault one has to use all slots, plus since 1 ton is dedicated to C.A.S.E.s I wanted to fill all slots there.

Max speed, common engine : http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=30&l=de10fc34bce5853c0b6ec13f5e12dcb8021e8f65

Last edited: Jan 9, 2015
  2. skribs

skribs Min-Max Maniac

Another option to get more ammo would be to take out a heat sink (which, by the way, you could move the one from your arm to the engine) or two for more ammo. Running just the LRMs isn't going to heat you up much at all.

Motörhead likes this.
  3. Motörhead

Motörhead Benefactor

after all I decided for an LRM boat, with STD engine, priority is to maximize the concept rather then 2km/h speed more, so I downgraded to a 290, left AMS because of the 2000 ammo too, used all slots, and make max use of endo steel and C.A.S.E.s

Still placed a link to the STD300 version there because many people have the engine. I left the DHS in the right arm in this version because I usually shield with that so it might offer a bit more critpadding, but of course the placement is optional.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2014
  4. Marukeru

Marukeru Benefactor

4/5,
    Pretty solid use of the Variant and works very well with the quirks issued to it.
    Not only can it Tag its own targets, but it packs a decent punch with the 4x ML too. On top of that, it has BAP to help it against those pesky ECM 'mechs so it can dump that MASSIVE ammo cache onto the enemy team's head!

4/5 for good use of the Variant, yet I feel this Variant has some better potential overall. WILL use at some point ;)

5. enileph

enileph Star Lord

4/5,
    Impressive indeed.

6. Velamoris

Velamoris New Member

5/5,
    i testing this build

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast