AWS-8Q 'Pimp my Trial' (3x PPC, 3x MPLas, STD300)
5/5,

1 rating

Thread in 'AWS-8Q' started by jk781, Apr 27, 2013.

1. jk781

jk781 New Member

I kinda liked the Trial Awesome. So I considered to buy Awesomes to master my first assault mech. My friends said 'Don't buy Awesomes, buy a real assault mech.' But I thought, screw it and bought them anyway :rolleyes:

This is obviously a pimped up version of the Trial/Stock. I replaced the SL with 3 MPL added DH and Endo-Steel and started rolling.

Imho this Mech is just as awesome as the name implies. You fire the PPCs at long/mid range and use the MPL for close quarters.

And guess what, I love my Awesomes, all of them! My favorite assault mech so far:wink:

At least until I play a real assault mech:tongue:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2014
  2. The Verge

The Verge Moderator Staff Member

what an interesting idea you have. putting all your long fire weapons on one side, and short range on the other.

I don't think it is the best idea, due to having a STD engine. That said, I think this is a competent upgrade, 4-5 stars.

3. Crucii

Crucii Junior Member

5/5,
    Excellent build!

4. Crucii

Crucii Junior Member

Here another variant of this build with optimized PPC alignment and better shielding capabilities (all PPCs are in the torsos). It is a hell of a lot fun to play this build after PGI released the quirk system. Finally, the AWS became what it should be, a PPC platform!

The only downer while playing this build is the poor PPC hit detection. I hope that PGI will fix this soon.

Here an example of what the AWS is capable of with quirks (even on hot maps):

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2014
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast