ASN-21 "Ozma" (4x SRM4, XL300) +Alt
5/5,

3 ratings

Thread in 'ASN-21' started by Ruludos, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Ruludos

Ruludos Benefactor

Easily the most fun I've had in any mech in a very long time. This build runs at 120kph without tweak and is deceptively tough, even with the XL. The Assassins come out in early July for Cbills and I think anyone that enjoys light/fast mediums should buy one.

EDIT:
    Minor improvements to the build. No BAP, no internal heatsinks but JJs and an extra 1/2t of ammo.

EDITEDIT:
    New build in the same spirit as the old, so I won't bother with a new thread. After fully skilling it out and playing 70+ games in it this is the build I've settled on.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
    BlackCatF and Excalibaard like this.
  2. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

hmmm, I don't really enjoy SRM6 without artemis. Made a LE version of the SRM4 build (6t ammo is plenty, especially with missile rack skills)

BlackCatF likes this.
  3. CarloArmato

CarloArmato Professional Potato Carrier

XL280 Artemis variant: less jumpy, more tanky, less ammo, better focus at range, lucky-dual-gauss-HS proof.

4. deman102712

deman102712 Junior Member

5/5,
    I love running this sneaky little punk and I don't even have it fully skilled yet.
    Edit. I forgot to rate when I first commented.

5. Necroledo

Necroledo New Member

5/5,
    A very effective build, with proven success! I gave it my own spin by adding some ERSL and more JJ (just posted the build here in Mechspecs too), but the classic works very well!

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
  6. CarloArmato

CarloArmato Professional Potato Carrier

4xSRM6 Jump-Jet-less version to get closer quicker.

With recent nerf to Artemis and buff to SRM6 cooldown and heat generation, the non-artemis 4xSRM6 can actually be scarier than the more accurate 4xSRM4 build (or even the artemis cousin 3xSRM6+A ASN-23) due to identical heat-per-second (1x4 heat/s), but greater alpha (51.6 vs 34.4), maximum DPS (13 instead of 11) and better sustained DPS (7.43 vs 5.7).

Downgrade to XL280 and 2xJJ if you really want those JJs

PocketAces likes this.
  7. Evvo

Evvo Junior Member

5/5,
    Regarding the 4xSRM6 XL265. Find this a versatile build that you can tweak engine/ammo/jj to your liking. For me personally had to buff the ammo. You can really feel going from 4xsrm4 and sl to 4xsrm6 that your punches do more. Good cooling also and depending on how many jjs you have can surprise enemies from great spots
    Highest dmg i achieved after a few games: 990