AS7-S "Sledgehammer" (1x AC20, 4x SRM6+A, 2x MLas, STD350)
4/5,

2 ratings

Thread in 'AS7-S' started by Postumus, Oct 21, 2014.

1. Postumus

Postumus New Member

Like a D-DC, but with more SRM and less ECM. The medium lasers are really holdout weapons, better to use your ammo first and then pull them out, or use them if you lose a torso. I personally put the SRMs on two groups, but they can be shot together for a 1.7 heat penalty.

The alpha on this build is devastating - 70.4 damage, 80.4 with the lasers.

If you prefer a cooler build, you could drop to SRM4's, and gain some accuracy for losing some damage, or drop the engine size, but I do not recommend that option at all. The Atlas is kind of garbage at stock speeds.

Tichy likes this.
  2. The Verge

The Verge Moderator Staff Member

I think it's under armored. I would run this W/O A+, and gain more DHS and more armor

I see this as being a really good zombie build for this egg.

3. SuperPignouf

SuperPignouf Junior Member

Artemis is almost obligatory if you're using SRM6's.
    Here is my personal take on the build, I was going to create my own post with the name "I want it all".

It brings back the 4medlas, the 91 damage alpha and the 4 DHS in the engine at the cost of some ammo and leg armor.

4. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

I feel 4x SRM6 and an AC20 need more ammo, put in MPL because shorter burn time is nice with such a sluggish mech and I had the tonnage anyway. I agree with vergere that armor is more important than Artemis in this case.

5. enileph

enileph Star Lord

Actually his armor is ok, He is just stripping his armor from the shield arms.

6. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

After playing banshees, I've been valuing shield arms a LOT.

The Verge and enileph like this.
  7. enileph

enileph Star Lord

Totally, though the Atlas arms are not as good for shielding, too wide apart.

8. SuperPignouf

SuperPignouf Junior Member

As far as I'm concerned, I've rarely (if not never) seen an Atlas dying from legs nor losing both his arms (while keeping side torso's up) before dying.

My variation was really built around the idea that your role as an Atlas is to reach brawling distance by leading a glorious charge and open up ennemy assaults with one or two consecutive alpha's.

Up to this point either your team is losing and you die pretty fast, either your team is winning and the race for easy kills starts. Race you can't win most of the time due to your low speed and close range weaponry.

So imho losing some armor in arms / legs and some ammo to increase alpha damage and cooling speed should be legit. Plus having 4 medlas gives you a bit more of punch at midrange and helps with dealing with fast moving targets.

9. epikt

epikt Benefactor

Anything less than 28 AC/20 round is too low.
    But I'm not sure about 600 missiles, I don't think you have the mobility to shoot all of it. I'd start with 400 or 500, and only add one more ton if I run out too often.

10. enileph

enileph Star Lord

Depends, 21 rounds is ok for AC20 if it is not your only gun. heat management happens.
    The missiles has to start at 400 round just to be sure.

11. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

I suggest to downgrade the BFG to a much cooler LBX10 and up some Armor and maybe 1 more Heatsink.

Creovex likes this.
  12. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

AC10s proved to be a nice partner-in-crime for SRM6s as well. I have to admit, though, that the sheer, brutal firepower of the AC20 is very tempting here.

13. Creovex

Creovex Active Member

Nice Atlas Zombie!

Not a fan of walking into GH but its your call... Would prefer it to have a little more AC ammo though...

14. Postumus

Postumus New Member

Just to answer a couple of the replies to my OP, I dropped half the arm ammo because who cares, no weapons and they suck for shields.

The ammo levels represent more of a comp style build, where everyone on the team is pulling equal weight. Many times I have not gotten close to using all of it on a win. Obviously for pug play you're going to want to up the ammo somehow, but I don't recommend dropping the engine any since the Atlas is slow as dirt.

As for AC/20 vs. AC/10, that's a no brainer, its only 2 more tons and this is a 100 ton assault.

Finally, the ghost heat issue, firing all 4 SRM6 together produces a whopping... 1.7 ghost heat. Hardly prohibitive, but if you want you can add a second SRM firing group.

15. Stooge 3

Stooge 3 Junior Member

5/5,
    I saw this build and put it to use and have really really liked it. Ammo and Amour are a difficult tradeoff but I find that the 62kph after spped tweak really make this brawling chieftain that much more deadly and effective. It is tough with heat but I will generally get off a full alpha at first contact and then chainfire the SRMs while pumping out AC20s as I go. I rarely use the MLas outside of finishing and medium range poking. It does suck that they are pretty immobile and unable to shoot down those pesky UAVs, but the zombie factor and the huge meat shield arms are really handy.

16. Jack Red

Jack Red Active Member

I use a Std340 without the lasers. Much better heat efficiency and more ammo.

This build is a beast! Just seeing opponents panic after that first alpha...

Most fun you can have in an assault.

17. Impavid

Impavid New Member

Thoughts on this?

Drop one SRM6 to an SRM4 and add a heat sink. At the price of 4 less damage, you get slightly better heat efficiency. Tested and found it's actually the difference between being able to get 4 alphas or 5 alphas off before overheating.

18. IronEleven

IronEleven Active Member

3/5,
    Was an amazing build before Engine Desync killed it.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast