AS7-K "Battery" (1x LRM20+A, 2x LLas, 2x MLas, 1x UAC5, AMS, BAP, STD320)

Thread in 'AS7-K' started by The Verge, Jun 20, 2013.

1. The Verge

The Verge Moderator Staff Member

I like this build a lot. This build lets me engage any enemy, at any range; inside ECM or outside of it, and I have a weapon for any situation.

Edited for Current loadout. Old was was just horrid.

Weapon Grouping
    1. (2xLarge Laser) chain fire
    2. (2xMedium Laser) chain fire
    3. UAC5-fire
    4. LRM 20-fire
    5. (UAC5) chain fire.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2014
  2. FuzzyBunny

FuzzyBunny MechSpecs Addict

I would put in the Endo simply for to upgrade the engine. Also put in CASE in the side torso to keep it from chaining into your CT.

3. Lan

Lan Mech Wrangler

Totally agree with FuzzyBunny, the build below is what he suggested. A 325 engine will get you a lot of benefits, faster speed and turning ratio. You can hide a additional DHS in the engine, stripped some armor off the legs and shifted some of your ammo to other places also.

• All UAC5 ammo in torso with weapon - loose the weapon and ammo is useless.
    • 1 ton of LRM ammo shifted from leg - You will spend that very quick so not a problem in the long run, it is consumed from top to bottom, right to left (or is it left to right...nevermind).
    • AMS ammo shifted to cockpit and leg - The K model needs that ammo safe and it will last a while. If you store it in the arms, you are likely to find out how much internal damage 2000 rounds of AMS can do and that would travel to the torso where there is more ammo to cook off. The CASE only protects from explosions in that torso, not explosive internal damage traveling from the arm.

But overall, yeah, I like the loadout too. When I feel like rounding off my collection of mechs with the odd numbers (K model is the only Atlas I haven't gotten yet) I will try this build for sure. Thanks. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2014
  4. Lan

Lan Mech Wrangler

Lights focus legs? In 500+ games with the Atlas chassi I have been legged maybe twice. I agree they should focus legs but it doesn't happen to me.

Granted, it helps I often have streaks, 60+ armor on the legs, run with premades of 3+ players, carry a lot of sensors including seismic etc...and you often find me in front where a lot of my team will gladly shoot at lights.

But yes, as a light pilot I go for legs too. Nothing more fun then watching a LRM boat detonate.

5. The Verge

I'm glad you agree Lan :)

6. Regina Redshift

Regina Redshift Sass Elemental

As a light pilot, I can say that I go for the back of the side/center torso of Assaults unless a leg has already lost is armor and is severely damaged. Then I go for the leg, because ammo cookoffs are hilarious.

7. The Verge

@Archwright, yes; and armor can be modified as wanted by the pilot. I still like the slower engine, as I made this mech to be an LRM battery. It's missile doors shoot 10 missiles at once, instead of 5 at a time. It's what makes the K variant better as a battery. I usually group the weapons as such; I was a dope and did not post earlier. :blush:

1. (left arm, right arm) chain fire
    2. (center energy) chain fire
    3. UAC5-fire
    4. LRM 20-fire
    5. (UAC5) chain fire.

8. The Verge

Edited OP with New Loadout and Weapon Groupings.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast