AS7-D "Boomstick" (2xSRM6, 2xLBX10, 4xSL, STD345)

Thread in 'AS7-D' started by Dicerson, Jul 3, 2014.

1. Dicerson

Dicerson New Member

This is an atlas building im currently working towards!

I stripped 48 armor points off of the legs and used Small Lasers instead of Mediums so i could have a STD 345 and more heatsinks to help me run cooler. I only have effectively 22.5 LBx10 shots, but I can continously fire on the CD for 14 seconds straight without overheating, thats long enough to dish out a total of 248 damage, thats more than its OWN front armor on all 3 torso pieces COMBINED! If spread towards the center like it should be, then it can kill itself, and anything with less than ~150 Center Torso armor in only a few seconds in a straight duel, now, in anything NOT a straight, fist punching range duel, this Atlas might be outmatched, especially if outnumbered, in either case a retreat will be necessary. Its all about picking your battles, knowing which parts of the map to go to to maximize your effectiveness, and flanking from behind to pull off a successful instant alpha kill on your unsuspecting enemies! The STD345 engine makes it speedy enough to flank more quickly than most would expect an Atlas to do!

IMO is a very effective Flanker build, the ultimate...

*puts on sunglasses*

Boomstick!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2014
  2. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

45 Shells for Double Boomsticks are way too few. I shoot away 45 with a single LBX in most battles. Definitely go for at least 75 or you will lose a lot of Firepower in the second half of the match. And definitely go for MLas for more Range.

I run 2LBX@90Shells, 2SRM4@2t and 4MLas in my D with the STD325. It's not too slow for an Atlas.

3. epikt

epikt Benefactor

Welcome on Mechspecs.

Like Blagg said you definitely need more autocannon ammo. Actually, even the 75 he proposes looks little to me (I carry 105 on mine and still sometimes run out).
    As for the small lasers... for the same tonnage 2 mediums are a better choice, though I'd personally mount 4.

The fact is even if it makes you "faster", engines higher than the STD300 come at a HUGE cost in tonnage (read "weaponry"). And if I understand you might want some speed, I think anything higher than a 325 is a lost trade.
    For example, STD325 gives you 5 more tons for a minor 3.5kph loss, with the same room for embedded DHS.

Also you're very high on armor on non critical parts (legs and arms), you can easily gain tonnage there if needed.
    By the way, the additional 1/5t of AMS ammo is a bit weird. There's no point on dealing with 1/5t when you're short on crits and large on tonnage => load a full ton.

Anyway, here's my suggestion:

(edit: I suppose this build as been posted a million times)

As you can see I removed some DHS and added ammo. The reason is simple: the LBX is your "cool" weapon, the one you're always firing even when on the red => you need ammo more than heat sinks.
    13 DHS is enough to handle the SRMs and the lasers. In case you start being hot, slow on the laser fire rate, they're the highest heat/damage ratio of your weaponry.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2014
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast