ANH-2A "Lillyeve's Ultimate Chainsaw of Dooooom!" (6xRAC2, LE300)
5/5,

1 rating

Thread in 'ANH-2A' started by DeusExInferis, Jul 24, 2017.

1. DeusExInferis

DeusExInferis New Member

Mouse 1: left side 3x RAC/2's
    Mouse 2: right side 3x RAC/2's

I'm sure most know that Smurfy' s isn't quite as things are in game. This build has 1 heat sink in each torso and a Hell of a lot more armor.

The ultimate in dakka! It chews, it grinds, it sends them running for the hills!
    I've tested this with 4x RAC/5 with the same left side/right side firing groups and, even with the ghost heat of the 3rd gun, this is cooler and able to maintain better fire suppression.

2. DeusExInferis

DeusExInferis New Member

Any thoughts, comments, or feedback of any kind would be.... I don't know... proof that maybe one of the 112 people that have viewed this actually exist...???

3. The Verge

The Verge Moderator Staff Member

LE<XL due to limited ammo from the OP. Would consider adding AMS to this build, due to the missile systems used in PUG.

Edit: the main reason not to reply, is when smurfy is in-accurate to the game. If it is bugged, let him know on his feedback thread.

invernomuto likes this.
  4. DeusExInferis

DeusExInferis New Member

I like the idea of putting on AMS. These things seem to have missile magnets in the legs. With skill nodes my build has over 2100 ammo. Been running it non stop in FW and have yet to come close to running out. I think 3300 might be a bit over kill. XL over LE???? I couldnt tell you how many times I've praised the LE when a torso goes boom. Still have 3 RAC's to keep spraying lead!

The Verge likes this.
  5. DeusExInferis

DeusExInferis New Member

I'll drop a post but, I didn't figure it wouldn't be feasible for smurfy's to take into account all the ammo buffs and armor bonus's. If you are referring to my observation about the 2 RAC/5's Vs 3 RAC/2's, it is in there. 2 RAC/5's = 8 hps. 3 RAC/2's = 7.80. Found that the other day after posting this. not much of a difference but very noticeable in-game

The Verge likes this.
  6. The Verge

The Verge Moderator Staff Member

Excellent observations, I'm glad you shared them! I've noticed some others here saying that even the heat management on more than 2 RAC5's can be hard to manage; this is another thing to consider. With the bonus quirks, and the LE engine working out for you, I would probably just run AMS in your OP, with 12 heatsinks instead of 13, get rid of the 1/2 ton ammo; since you don't seem to run out of ammo.

7. Vagosei

Vagosei New Member

5/5,
    Works Fantastic. Great build

8. Renegademaster

Renegademaster Well-Known Member

Isnt the ghost heat on 6 RAC2s killer? or do you fire them until they jam then swap sides?

9. DeusExInferis

DeusExInferis New Member

Swap. Fire one side until jam and spin up the other for endless stream of dakka! New and improved great management with the ghost heat increase to 4!

invernomuto likes this.
  10. ThomasAH

ThomasAH Junior Member

Right now I'm buying a second ANH-2A (currently on sale), just to try this loadout :)

11. Throet

Throet Active Member

I realize I'm almost a year late to this party, but isn't your effective DPS cut by approximately 25% with this?

RAC2 = ~5 DPS
    RAC5 = ~10 DPS

So, 3 each RAC2 = ~15 DPS
    and 2 each RAC5 = ~20 DPS

I guess you can fire the RAC2 in sets of four now anyway, but you're going to have trouble matching up the fourth one when you're firing... do you use a third and fourth weapon group with only a single RAC2 from each side(to be able to add one when you can), or do you set up the third and fourth weapon groups with 4 each, so you're just using those exclusively when firing 4 at a time?

ThomasAH likes this.
  12. Falconium

Falconium Administrator Staff Member

@Throet
    You're absolutely right. But the ratios of DPS to HPS are essentially the same. So going with 4xRAC5 instead of 6xRAC2 means roughly the same increase to heat production (16 heat-per-second instead of 12).

RAC2s have higher optimal and max ranges (540/1080 instead of 450/900), though it's a minimal difference. But they also have a higher bullet velocity (1500 instead of 1025), which is a significant difference if you're shooting at mid to long ranges.

As a final point worth mentioning, RAC2s have more damage per ton of ammo (240 instead of 225), again, a relatively small difference but worth mentioning. Of course, there's a certain tonnage advantage running RAC5s, as 2 RAC5s is only 20 tons (before ammo), whereas 3 RAC2s is 24 tons. So the math there might actually work in favor of the RAC5s where ammo count is concerned, granted there are enough slots available.

ThomasAH likes this.
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast