1. Important News!

MechSpecs is changing owners. Please follow this link for all the details. It also includes a crowdfund, all donations are appreciated!
    Thanks for your attention -- the MechSpecs team.
  2. Welcome to MechSpecs!
    If you enjoy the site, please consider to register an account for free! Get access to our discord channel and the ability to rate/comment on builds you like! If you've already registered, make sure you log in at the top-right corner of the site.
    --Cheers, the MechSpecs Team.

Casual ACW-1 "9-9" (9xcATM3, cXL225)

Discussion in 'ACW-1' started by krevLL, Sep 8, 2018.

1. krevLL

krevLL Benefactor

3 weapon groups: 1 for 4 launchers, 2 for 5 launchers (or 4 to avoid ghost heat), and 3 to chainfire all 9.

You aren't fast, just quick. 91 kph so stick with the heavies and assaults. When they engage a target, you dart around lobbing ATMs at them. If there isn't any AMS, chain it: It's almost constant with 9 launchers. If there's AMS around then use the other two weapon groups. No way around the fact that it sounds like a pea shooter but if you're in a brawl and under 270m you're dealing 81 damage every time you fire off your 9 launchers, and that's roughly 5 seconds.

Excalibaard likes this.
  2. anamiac

anamiac Well-Known Member

How much shielding do you do with your arms? If you don't, then this is a slightly cooler option:

krevLL likes this.
  3. Remover of Obstacles

Remover of Obstacles Benefactor

Fun build to play around with.

[​IMG]

krevLL likes this.
  4. krevLL

krevLL Benefactor

@anamiac I don't shield really, not with this mech. Maybe if I was running something more like SRMs but with the ATMs I'm generally with enough bigger mechs' that I get ignored. The bigger launchers are cooker overall, but my idea here is just like a 7xLRM5 build, mostly harassment when an enemy is caught without cover, and to cause enough cockpit shake that they can't properly aim at your assaults.

@Remover of Obstacles that seems to have been a pretty decent game for dealing damage. I can't remember my best in it, 700 some damage and a few kills I think.

5. Remover of Obstacles

Remover of Obstacles Benefactor

@krevLL Usually the damage is lower and the kills are much higher. I was able to get some great positioning in polar and work the hills. The tighter spread usually works well for finishing. Also, very little AMS. AMS really hurts ATMs.