ZEU-9S2 "The Golem" (3xSRM4, 2xAC5, 2xMPLas, AMS, STD300)

Thread in 'ZEU-9S2' started by HctPeace69, Aug 8, 2016.

1. HctPeace69

HctPeace69 Well-Known Member

GOLEM SMASH
    The Golem, quite durable with the STD engine, and packs quite a a powerful punch at close range. Get in close with your team and turn them to dust!

Heeding some advice from @Shock, dropped down to SRM-4's due to non-artemis missle spread, shorter cool-down, and to fit in an AMS and a bit more ammo. Always equip an AMS if you can, it helps you and your team!

WEAPON GROUP 1 - 2xAC5:

Use these whenever you can, good for long range, good for mid and close range. They have short cool-downs, so I don't chain fire them.

WEAPON GROUP 2 - 2xMPLas:

Basic pulse lasers. Good for just about any situation within range, spam them whenever you can and have the heat to spare.

WEAPON GROUP 3 - 3xSRM4:

The big fists of the mighty golem, use them to smash your enemies. Short range but 3 second cool-down, so use them as much as you possibly can when in brawling range to keep pummeling them with damage until they explode.

More missile burst, original model. I really like this for how brutal of a punch it packs, but I find it exhausts the SRM ammo too quickly. The SRM 4's are nice because it conserves ammo a bit more, keeping the symmetry of the build alive longer, utilizing 3 weapon groups over an extended period, as opposed to burning brighter and shorter.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
  2. Shock

Shock Patron of the Underdog Staff Member

Without Artemis, I think I'd go with SRM4s and use the saved tonnage to add a ton each of AC and SRM ammo and another DHS.

HctPeace69 likes this.
  3. HctPeace69

HctPeace69 Well-Known Member

You might be right Shock, I'm going to do some fine tuning when I have more time tonight

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast