ZEU-6T 'Brawling God' (3x SRM6+A, 1x PPC, 3x MLas, STD320)

Thread in 'ZEU-6T' started by Aylek, Mar 17, 2015.

1. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

Quirks:
    additional armor (RL +LL): 17.00
    additional armor (RT + LT): 17.00
    additional armor (CT): 15.00
    PPC range: 10.00 %
    energy range: 10.00 %
    missile cooldown: 12.50 %
    missile range: 12.50 %

Pro's: stock engine, very high alpha
    Con's: heat might be a problem, but as long as the PPC is only used at range, this should be fine

2. Cord78

Cord78 New Member

Interesting build but I feel like the PPC is out of place for brawling. I removed the PPC and swapped Med lasers for Med pulse. Bit more armor and added AMS because it seems lately everybody loves LRM's.

Didn't create a separate thread as I felt it was close to the theme of your build already.

Renegademaster likes this.
  3. Aylek

Keep those massive armor quirks in mind. Your build can mount more stuff if you're using those to your advantage. Take a look at my armor distribution...

4. SirEpicPwner

SirEpicPwner Active Member

I feel like it would be better to just have full armor if you want to brawl, instead of taking away any from the torsos.

5. LT Satisfactory

LT Satisfactory Benefactor

1 PPC isn't so strange to take as you'll slowly move into range, I guess, but I'm not sure the 10% range-specific quirk makes it a must have as you are really trying to brawl in this mech.

I'd rather just roll the dice for what this particular variant is created for, but comparing this to your build, it does seem I'm not gaining much for losing that ppc...

Solahma likes this.
  6. Creovex

Creovex Active Member

FYI it's 20% range... (PPC 10% Range + Energy 10% Range quirks combine)

Since PPC have a minimal range, I only use them for heavy hitting in a pair. Otherwise the SRMs + ML do all the work. Also its an Assault, front load your armor...

Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
  7. Keerith

Keerith New Member

Mmmmm... an Assault mech with a single ML in the arm makes me sad. What about dropping the arm ML, upgrading the chest one to an MPL (for less face time), then shaving some of that armor off the empty shield arm in order to add another half ton of ammo? Like this one:

8. Aylek

You know... a ZEUS ought to wield lightning strikes! ;)

Joking aside, this is exactly meant for some first damage when approaching the battle or for some long range suppression. Take a LPLas for better cooling and additional brawling capacities, but using all 4 energy hardpoints in addition to the SRMs in a brawl might lead to unwelcome heat shutdowns.

Solahma likes this.
  9. Thiak

Thiak Well-Known Member

i went for the unwelcome heat shutdown version :)
    maybe post my own thread

remove ams(and ammo) and 8 points of armor on each leg, add 2 DHS

PS: remember the 3 LL without ghostheat ;)

edit: i changed to 2x LPL,
    3 LL where just way too hot, maybe i'll try the 1x LPL 3x MPL

Last edited: Mar 20, 2015
  10. Aylek

I skipped the +A in favour of MPLas replacing the MLas at the moment.

You can also have both, but this comes at the cost of lowering the engine size.

11. Sho Shuto

Sho Shuto New Member

The 320 Engine design for this I've found to be my most efficient form for just boxing in close. The 3x SRM6 hurts sooo good! ^_^ I do hate how we can't really take advantage of the ER PPC's point blank usage abilities but you're right about the heat becoming a problem at times. My build is almost identical, save I make room for an AMS system with 1 ton of ammo by running with 3.5 t of SRM ammo and losing 2 DHS. When brawling in close I always find myself running with the lance so an AMS is on any of my Assault builds, much less so my faster scouts and meds.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast