Yen Lo-Wang "Breaker" (1xLBX10, 2xML, 1xMG, STD230)

Thread in 'Yen Lo-Wang' started by The Verge, Jul 5, 2013.

1. The Verge

The Verge Moderator Staff Member

designed to break and disable enemy weapons and limbs, a MG is included to really crit those weapons!

Modified to suggestions. keeping the STD engine.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2014
  2. Tsume Eiranis

Tsume Eiranis Well-Known Member

While not as economic:

I would remove the AMS and the ammo as well as the two external heatsinks. Get FF and put in a Std 265 Engine.

With the way you describe it, you want your Mech to be able to turn and move fast to get the weapons lined up with the exposed parts, so you want more speed.

3. Leonhart

Leonhart Advanced Member

hell i would bump it up to an XL 285. Centurions are one of the very best at being XL engine capable. That would put you over 100 kmh with speed tweak. I cant help but notice that almost any centurion aside from the AL can actually run this weapon loadout better though :\

Seriously though, a centurion that cant move faster than heavies just isnt viable imo. i will say till i die that centurions NEED SPEED. I use every and all centurions just because they are my favorite mechs (aside from the unreleased timberwolves).

4. The Verge

Thanks for the feedback guys. While I do agree that speed is armor, I've found this build quite fun. I will have to try an xl 280 and see if that works better.

5. Gunnar23

Gunnar23 New Member

I agree - I've found the LBX to be really effective for hunting lights and getting crits on mediums now that its cone of fire has been narrowed down. It has surprisingly decent range. I like to run mine with an 300XL and 2MPLs to burn off armor - check out the The Mega Man Wang build (bottom of the post)

6. Cpt Chattahah

Cpt Chattahah Min-Max Maniac

Extra heat sinks are REAAAALLY not needed here! 74% Cooling Efficiency? LOL You're driving a fridge!

I would go XL300 for max speed, drop the extra heat sinks, add BAP and max armor. I have been fairly exclusive to CN9s lately and, in my mind, the Cent is the best platform for XLs. Very small torso, spaced out arms provide more room for enemies to miss and it has great twist speed. These mechs are CRAZY survivable. In the main Centurion sub-forum I posted a thread for lowest health in a CN9 and posted a picture with 20% health - (XL260 equipped)

The way I would tweak your Breaker goes as follows;

The BAP's sensor range boost may help you seek out some of those little buggers and it's always nice to take away their stupid ECMs! (hate ecm... jerks)

To each his own, Pirate.

Chatt.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2014
  7. The Verge

I like all the ideas sent to this mech. I've modified the OP to include FF, and BAP. I still like a STD engine in this mech, and I still have decent speed. But, If you want an XL, I would run Cpt Chattahah's build.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast