WVR-7D "Gauss Hunter for Aylek" (1xGauss, 1xSRM4, 1xSRM2, 1xMLas, MASC, 2xJJ, XL280)

Thread in 'WVR-7D' started by HctPeace69, Sep 8, 2016.

1. HctPeace69

HctPeace69 Well-Known Member

Squeezing MASC into Aylek's 7D(L) Gauss loadout link from his "Witch Hunter" page, and still having some backup weapons. Looks pretty fun, I think I might have to do some testing!

Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
    Aylek likes this.
  2. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

I'd probably run just 2x SRM4 myself. MLas usually need too long aiming at target to make them worthwhile, better have 4.3dmg extra burst and synchronized cooldowns.

Or, change it into an MPL and synchronise the cooldowns that way, though SRM2s are really a sustained weapon and you donĀ“t want close range sustained ;P Still better than a single SRM4 if you have the hardpoints though.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
    HctPeace69 and Aylek like this.
  3. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

Nice. I think I'd do a different armor allocation (especially for the legs) and I also dislike the different SRM launchers, but I don't see room for improvements right away. There should be 2 JJs for some limited poptarting capabilities with the GR, so cutting on those is not an option. Will have to tinker a bit with this.

4. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

I think you could shave a bit on the engine size as the GR provides a little bit more range than an UAC5 or AC10. The loss of top speed can be somewhat mitigated by an aggressive use of MASC if necessary. What about this?

HctPeace69 likes this.
  5. HctPeace69

HctPeace69 Well-Known Member

Ooh Aylek, I like that last build, as 83.9 is still a pretty good speed, but I don't have an XL 265. I should pick one up, but this would be the only build I'd use it on currently. Having that said, for now I'm going to stick with the XL280, until I get a surplus of C-bills. Just hit broke after buying another Hellbringer, and a couple of XL's for my lights.

I like the mix of SRM 2 and 4, as it is effectively an SRM 6, but on a 3 sec cool-down, with probably tighter spread (I theorize), and the option to fire rapid staggered shots after 2 seconds (I use them on the same weapon group). Although, I do wish my original post did have a MPLas.

Excal, I am a big fan of your second build :thumbsup:, with the 2xSRM2 and the MPLas, and you are right about the beam duration being too long on the MLas. I'm going to try that one, but using only 2xJJ and putting the extra 1/2 ton into armor, giving myself a shield arm for when trouble comes a'knockin'.

EDIT: Actually the 3xJJ's might be pretty cool

Last edited: Sep 10, 2016
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast