WHM-IIC ''Particle Accelerator'' (4x ERPPC, TC1, XL375)

Thread in 'WHM-IIC' started by ShooterMcGavin80, Mar 10, 2019.

1. ShooterMcGavin80

ShooterMcGavin80 MechSpecs Addict

PPC velocity quirk? Hmm -

With this loadout you can generally win mid to long range trades where there is a short exposure duration.

Like a Warhawk, but hotter, and with much better torso mounts. They are a tight cluster, but they really aren't that high, which makes you a better side peaker than a vertical hill peaker. No arm mounts means pesky small lights can stand right in front of you and you can't depress enough to hit them. So get the full 10% torso pitch nodes to hopefully alleviate this problem-

https://kitlaan.gitlab.io/mwoskill/?p=jsonbin1.5c8530972e4731596f1c8f03#s=Weapons

Also anchor turn and kinetic burst will help you get in and out of cover for your shots much more easily. Torso speed and anchor turn help you effectively engage those pesky mobile mediums and lights that may get into knife fighting range.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2020
  2. ShooterMcGavin80

Skilling it up, I can report that although very situational, it can be excellent. Cracked 3 over 1k games tonight skilling this up (even on a couple hot maps, which surprised me), and it still is only at about 2/3 of the way there. You will get eaten up though by high DPS brawlers if you have a bad position.

4 fire groups:
    left click - left two torso PPC's
    right click - right two torso PPC's
    3rd group - chainfire, for a single shot option when riding the heat scale or shooting a UAV
    4th group - just the top two higher torso PPC's, for when peaking over a ledge or obstacle.

3. ShooterMcGavin80

Optional slower version that packs in more heat sinks - running a clan standard speed of 64.8 kph:

This is for quickplay where you are more concerned with heat management than mobility.

I however prefer the faster version:

This is for quickplay where mobility is of the essence. And the heat management isn't really that bad. This is my personal preference/style.

Last version, for Invasion drop decks where you are shooting PPC's at extreme range:

When shooting at ranges at and over 900 meters, the extra velocity bump from a TC4 should help out. Max 15% range nodes, max velocity nodes, and you can hit like a truck out to about 1k.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
  4. renzor51

renzor51 Advanced Member

Here's the build a little tweaked to be faster with lots of heatsinks. Almost the same as BlackhawkSC's build:

Here's BlackhawkSC's video:

ShooterMcGavin80 likes this.
  5. ShooterMcGavin80

That is an excellent option. Better heat management than my preferred XL375 version, but doesn't sacrifice too much mobility.

6. ShooterMcGavin80

Baradul showcased how awesome this build is:

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast