WHK-P "16 Tons" (1x cUAC20, 1x cLBX20)
3/5,

1 rating

Thread in 'Warhawk Omni Builds' started by Karl TenBrew, Sep 10, 2014.

1. Karl TenBrew

Karl TenBrew Star Lord

"If you see me comin', better step aside
    A lotta men didn't, a lotta men died
    One fist of iron, the other of steel
    If the right one don't a-get you
    Then the left one will"

cAC20 alternate:

This build has some backstory, but considering its simplistic derposity I'm surprised no one has posted it yet. Anyway, I was noticing a lot of brawler builds had large ballistics in the torso, because this keeps them protected and able to smash face when someone is IN your face. This got me thinking about the biggest, baddest ballistic punch you could have, and how I didn't have a ballistic Warhawk yet. Tennessee Ernie Ford was playing in the background and something clicked in my brain. Playing around in Smurfy, I found out the dern tootin thing can carry 16 tons of each weapon (12 for the weapon, 4 for the ammo) almost perfectly. With the extra half ton of filler, I just went with more ammo (cheater!), or for the regular AC20 version maxed the armor.

If you aren't listening to 16 tons or a cover thereof as your battle-music while dropping in this, you're doing it wrong. Bonus points for singing along.

Obviously, for practical reasons, you can shuffle ammo totals a little if you want. Either way, enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2014
  2. Auriga

Auriga MechSpecs Addict

The build is seriously underpowered for a so big mech. Also has a big drawback in not having any backup weapons making u rely 100% in arm mounted ballistics, so i can wonder that u gonna become a moving target in around 1 out of 10 battles. Also the effective range of the weapons is an arrow to the knee of the mech, cause u need to close too much to make the bullets worth, or u need to fire your precious ammo in really under-rated distances for it.

3. Karl TenBrew

Karl TenBrew Star Lord

Yep. In case the title and theme didn't make it clear, this build isn't 100% serious. It's more in the spirit of 'derp' fun, not meta fun. The only thing I can see being serious about this is that it is the smallest mech that can actually DO this, and if staying to guard the LRMs will make some scouts splat. It can also be a capable but not stellar brawler if you spread damage around, because those arms effectively have over 60 armor thanks to their quirk. Fun, but sub-optimal.

4. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

I've been piloting this one during the event. Last match was incredible.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
    Shock likes this.
  5. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

3/5,
    Considering the chassis, this is really good. Can alpha without ghost heat and deals considerable damage with great quirks. However, the chassis itself stores all ammo in the Right Torso and there is just not enough space to work with, so the build in itself is only decent at best.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast