Want a Battletech / Mechwarrior Movie?

Thread in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Blagg Zear, Sep 3, 2013.

1. DRRosen3

DRRosen3 New Member

Man. I remember RobotJox as a kid. That movie was epic to watch back then. However, understanding how Hollywood works, I foresee one major problem with actually getting a MW movie anytime soon...and that's demand. While there certainly IS demand for a MW movie, there's too much over-shadowing demand right now. Halo for example. People are DYING for a Halo movie (myself included)...and in fact with the release of Halo: Forward Unto Dawn seeing a full-fledged Halo motion picture is a lot closer than MW. Most we can do as a fan community is keep in uproar and demand it.

2. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

Don't give up hope. There will be independent Moviemakers, which will convince Hollywood with their creativity and then Kaboom! Mechwarrior - the Movie!!! in the near future on big screen... ^_^^_^^_^

I just uploaded the epic Student Project "Mechwarrior - The Age of Destruction (2006) in the best given Quality i have found - refitted in 16:9 Aspect Ratio and upscaled to 1080p. It`s not truely FullHD, but the very best Quality, which you can find on Youtube.

Enjoy!!! :cool:

Last edited: Oct 18, 2014
  3. DRRosen3

DRRosen3 New Member

Awesome... Frickin' awesome for a student created MW short film.

4. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

yeaah. IT IS!!! I was sooo shocked (positively) after seeing it in 2006! And i really hope that Hollywood gets the Interest to make it a Big Movie Project!

Also the Remake of the epic MW2 Opening Cinematic and maybe make it to a Full Length Movie would be awesome!
    ^_^^_^^_^

Original:

A New Interpretation from an awesome Hobby Moviemaker:

Maybe one day one of those very talented Directors (and also a big fan of the BT franchise) start a Crowdfunding Project for a really kickass MW Movie. Let`s be patient.. :cool:

5. Blizzardjunkie

Blizzardjunkie New Member

Given the success of "Game of Thrones" I personally think HBO could pull a decent series off.

The structure with houses and clans would be similar. Enough room for Intrigue and the special effects needed have basically been standard for some years. Smaller Studios can pull this off for ILM would be a bit too expensive I think.

Most important would be the script. Ideas and Timelines are plenty.

Someday, who knows? ;)

6. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

Did you guys know, that we almost got an awesome animated MW/BT Movie? :rolleyes:

I really want to see the Full Movie. The Animation looks damn cool. ^_^

7. skribs

skribs Min-Max Maniac

Be careful what you wish for. They made a dragonball movie, remember?

Chances are if they do make a MW movie it will be directed by Uwe Boll and star Ryan Reynolds (a good actor in comedies but not sci fi/action).

8. skidog2k3

skidog2k3 Dispossessed

I missed this thread.

I liked the Dragonball movie :rofl: And does anyone remember the Wing Commander movie?

Maybe it would work if they started by creating a backstory for the main character. Maybe like a farm boy with some natural talent is thrown into a situation he knows nothing about that skyrockets him into the reality that is the inner sphere, gets hooked up with a unit that is launching a sneak attack to drive the clans into oblivion, hot shot mech pilot supported by his childhood friend that gets taken out in the first couple minutes, and a bad ass Marauder pilot that covers his ass, and takes out the local clan big baddie so the young hotshot pilot can have a clear shot at blowing up the deathsta..... Uhhh! Clan dropship that thretens the whole of the inner sphere.

Really though, with the right people in place it could probably be good enough to generate some buz.

I would like to see it very dark and sylized, like the mechwarrior 4 intro,....... but good.

skribs likes this.
  9. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

Ryan Reynolds is ok. But i always cringe when i watch Boll Movies - what have you done to my universe?!

10. skribs

skribs Min-Max Maniac

Maybe it will star Liam Neeson and Samuel L Jackson in stoic, almost passicifist roles, like the ones they're best known for.

11. Durandal

Durandal Min-Max Maniac

More and more, I'm convinced that the only way to really tell stories like this are through animated styles. Give me a well-done anime done to the theme of Michael Stackpole's books about the clan invasion, and I'd eat it up.

The same goes for the Dresden Files. Get good voice actors and animators, and go to town.

12. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

13. enileph

enileph Star Lord

Seeing that motherfucket at Harmony Gold saying anything reminds that sometimes it is sad that some people are not having cancer yet.

14. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah Staff Member

That is all I see when I read this.

15. Mariop91

Mariop91 New Member

This is amazing! I just finished watching shows by Andy Yeatman on Netflix and I thought of adding some nice action movies to my list. I had a wonderful time watching these shows and I am very sad that these are not around anymore. Anyway, thanks for this information.