VTR-9K "Watchmen" (1x Gauss, 3x ML, 2x SRM4, 6x JJ, AMS, STD310)

Thread in 'VTR-9K' started by The Verge, Jul 26, 2013.

1. The Verge

The Verge Moderator Staff Member

Inspired by watchman's build, I've put one of the best guns, on a STD engine.

try it out, and do harm.

modded with original engine. With just enough JJ to get over a few rocks.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2014
  2. TheWatchman

TheWatchman Dispossessed

That's quite a neat swap. It has the same ballistic damage potential (30x15 damage vs. 45x10 damage), but delivers it out to a far greater distance. It's just a shame that using all six jump jets restricts the size of engine that you can use. Still, 62.8KPH without speed tweak isn't bad for 80 tons of metal.

3. Cpt Chattahah

Cpt Chattahah Min-Max Maniac

Looks a lot like a Dragon Slayer, but, more survivable. I like! And as for the DS, screw regular PPCs. No gusta. This build;
    [​IMG]

Chatt.

4. The Verge

Me Gusta! CHACHACHA! :D

5. Zabamat

Zabamat New Member

I definitely like the build (very similar to mine)! :D One of my favorite parts of the victor: It can be a pretty crazy brawler with a standard, or you can switch that standard for an xl (380 in the case of this particular build) and zoom around the battlefield right alongside the heavies without giving up that firepower! I prefer the latter choice myself, :D mostly because I find I'm not patient enough for the slower assault mechs! :p

6. Cpt Chattahah

Totally know the feels, bro.

7. Business

Business Advanced Member

I use a similar build to this with a few adjustments (yet still come up 2 tons short but with 0 slots, blah)

Just finished a massive comeback with this mech, too:
    [​IMG]
    [img width=650 height=365]http://i.imgur.com/Yvf560y.jpg[/img]

Haven't had 7 kills in a long time! I'm thinking of trading out a ton of gauss for third ton of srm ammo as I seem to go through it pretty quickly but this is my favorite build for the 9K thus far

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2014
  8. Cpt Chattahah

Always my biggest problem throwing an XL in a Vic. The tonnage is plentiful, but, the XL takes up a lot of slots.

Chatt.

9. Business

Business Advanced Member

I've been trying out some standard engine builds as well but it is tough to drop the engine rating by 40 or 60 after you've had some good speed and firepower, lol. The most difficult part about, really, is the fact that I don't have a lot of engine options as it is (I have only 7 or 8) so I'm more inclined to just what I've got.

If I drop a DHS I can add back another ton of gauss and two more jumpjets (or 1 gauss, 1 srm, 1jj) it comes out to 80 tons with 0 slots left.

10. Cpt Chattahah

I bought an XL320 for my Victor. That's where I settled as the best trade for speed vs weight.

11. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

Last edited: Oct 13, 2014
  12. The Verge

updated with blagg's build, for better monies.

13. Solarn

Solarn New Member

I have a serious problem with trying to take every build to its (il)logical extreme.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2014
  14. enileph

enileph Star Lord

Finally got my hands on leveling this mech, my version:

Testing this or the Gauss+3xLL

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast