VPR-M "Atropoides picadoi" (3xcSRM6)

Thread in 'Viper - Omni' started by PyckenZot, Jul 20, 2016.

1. PyckenZot

PyckenZot Benefactor

Thanks to @Excalibaard informing me of a third missile component on the VPR,... a jumping splat-mech. Finally a new mech to update our outdated "jump over atlas and core his back" to "jump over a mountain and Atlas, then core his back"

Should perform decent in scout drops too :p

Excalibaard likes this.
  2. Gasboy

Gasboy Advanced Member

Jump over one Atlas, a mountain and another Atlas and core out his back.

The Viper practically flies!

3. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

Make sure that you don't hit a UAV underway. Or the moon.

PyckenZot likes this.
  4. Gasboy

Gasboy Advanced Member

In Crimson, I took a run at the ship, jumped, and landed pretty much on the saddle. XD No joke, the mech flies.

On any other mech, when you jump, the instant you start on your downward swing, no amount of JJ will get you back airborne. With the Viper, if you have JJ juice left, you can go back up. It's damn amazing.

5. Aramuside

Aramuside Star Lord

A couple of problems - unless you want to take those omnipods off the D we can't currently purchase extra D 's just Prime/A/B. You'll also lose 15% accel/decal, 5% turn rate and 10% torso turn rate.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
  6. Gasboy

Gasboy Advanced Member

While the accel/decel might hurt a little, the turn rate and torso turn rate isn't a huge loss compared to making a nifty little splat boat.

7. PyckenZot

PyckenZot Benefactor

Plenty of footage saved already. Playing Viridian without touching the ground floor. Jumping at sniper positions before the lights know where to scout. Getting on the HPG wall and causing havoc in new and unforeseen ways,...

VPR is a sweet bird!

8. Gasboy

Gasboy Advanced Member

Not just getting up on the HPG wall. Casually getting up on the wall, saying 'Hey there.' to the light who had to work to get up there before blasting him to bits.

9. PyckenZot

PyckenZot Benefactor

Literally getting on the wall straigth from starting position and shooting the light before he even gets near the wall. :stig:

(edit* with the dual ERLL build)

Gasboy likes this.
  10. Gasboy

Gasboy Advanced Member

SRM6s might be nicer. I prefer the ERPPC though. :p

11. Hydrothermia

Hydrothermia Junior Member

I was looking at a similar idea, but I went looking at the VPR-C variant instead. Using the CT energy point with a flamer to go with the 3 srm6's.

12. William Greubel

William Greubel Junior Member

i did the same thing but with the D - Variant no flamer but cost less to build

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast