[Theorycraft] FLE-R5K "Plague Disease" (5xSL, 2xSRM2, XL170)

Thread in 'Romeo 5000' started by Ch_R0me, Jun 16, 2018.

1. Ch_R0me

Ch_R0me Benefactor

This disease is known for it's very high lethality and spread. Known to exist in two forms: Bubonic (Small Lasers) and Pneumonic (SRM 6's). Can also evolve into Septicemic form when you do well in screwing your enemies over.

MechDB:
    http://mech.nav-alpha.com/#nPr44y_FLE-R5K
    Virus camo with sick paintjob is highly recommended for this build.

EDIT: Fixed build with "enuff" HS to be valid in MwO actually. -_-
    http://mech.nav-alpha.com/#lEX4Yc_FLE-R5K

Plague is an infectious disease caused by the bacterium Yersinia pestis. Symptoms include fever, weakness and headache. Usually this begins one to seven days after exposure. In the bubonic form there is also swelling of lymph nodes, while in the septicemic form tissues may turn black and die, and in the pneumonic form shortness of breath, cough and chest pain may occur.

Bubonic and septicemic plague is generally spread by flea bites or handling an infected animal. The pneumonitic form is generally spread between people through the air via infectious droplets. Diagnosis is typically by finding the bacterium in fluid from a lymph node, blood or sputum.

Those at high risk may be vaccinated. Those exposed to a case of pneumonic plague may be treated with preventative medication. If infected, treatment is with antibiotics and supportive care. Typically antibiotics include a combination of gentamicin and a fluoroquinolone. The risk of death with treatment is about 10% while without it is about 70%.

Globally about 600 cases are reported a year. In 2017 the countries with the most cases include the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Madagascar and Peru. In the United States infections usually occur in rural areas. It has historically occurred in large outbreaks, with the most well known being the Black Death in the 14th century, which resulted in greater than 50 million dead.

Via: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plague_(disease)

Please remember that this is a theorycraft build of unreleased mech (at the time it was posted). Some parameters would change in meantime, so please check if build is still viable, and if is, please make a proper adjustments when needed.

EDIT:
    Build updated with Smurfy.

Smurfy:

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
  2. anamiac

anamiac Well-Known Member

I don't see how this works. I tried to make it, but ended up with not enough ammo or armor:

3. Ch_R0me

Ch_R0me Benefactor

Insufficient heatsinks. Gonna rebuild it in other form...

EDIT:

Done. Reduced SRM-6 to SRM-2 to accomodate 4 more heatsinks.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
  4. BrunoSSace

BrunoSSace New Member

Nearly exactly how I would build mine, except Id probably use er smalls for the range, even though it take a big hit in dps and heat.

I seem to live longer when I stay at range, smalls are just way to close for my liking.