The Arrow "Trick Arrow" (1xAC20, 3xML, 3xMG, 1xJJ, XL195)

Thread in 'The Arrow' started by Bulbasaur ICHOOSEYOU, Jun 4, 2014.

1. Bulbasaur ICHOOSEYOU

Bulbasaur ICHOOSEYOU New Member

Epikt got me thinking with his reply to my first Arrow build, so I came up with an improvement. What if you can strip armor with AC20 and crit their internals after that?

Here is how:

Yet to be tested though, should be loads of fun.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2014
  2. epikt

epikt Benefactor

It's something I'll test only once speed tweak unlocked, but I like that.
    I'm afraid it will be very slow, but I don't see much room of improvement (would dropping a laser be a good trade?)

3. Rainer Frost

Rainer Frost New Member

Toyed a while with it quite a bit myself.
    Results were unsatisfying at best since anything below a 235 feels too slow for my taste.

Less armor, less ammo, one less medium laser.

Pro: decent for heat
    Con: Really too low on ammo. Even 28 is generaly not enough for my BJ-1.

Edit:
    Alternatively one could downgrade the mediums to small laser since those got some love lately.
    Loss of weight could be used to upgrade armor or strip even more armor for another ton of ammo.

4. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

Original build breaks my 90 kph minimum for mediums, I don't have faith it would do very well.

However, Rainer Frost's version is a lot better IMO

5. epikt

epikt Benefactor

If you worry about speed, you can drop a laser and mount an XL210. Speed is 83kph with speed tweak (finally unlocked!), which is decent.

So far I did not have much luck on my test drops ("where are you going team? the enemy is the other way!" :mellow: ) but I can tell it's a good build and a nice alternative to the classic AC/20+3MLas BJ-1.

edit: I almost forgot, it also fits very well with the "two-face" paint-job

6. epikt

epikt Benefactor

Today I played a lot with my XL210 and 2 lasers variant, it's a great mech. Very close to the classic BJ-1 build in terms of gamestyle but with MGs giving it a nice little twist.

[​IMG]

I've yet to test the XL195 and 3 lasers variant. To be perfectly honest, the 210 build is already slow enough. Most of the time it's OK but I remember some fast games where my lancemates piloted Shadowhawk or similar, it was not easy to catch up.

7. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

Simply because it's so 2-face I'll have a hard time deciding between the stock build and this build (probably with the XL210 I have in stock, though an XL225 is better:)

8. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

Still got Golden Boy's XL220 lying around. I guess this will do the trick for some test runs as well.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2014
  9. Aylek

[​IMG]

XL 220 version shown above. Lovely loadout. Plays like a typical BoomJack, but adds a lot of late game power in the form of triple MG. 5 Stars.

10. enileph

enileph Star Lord

Maybe strip half a ton of MG ammo for some armor?

11. Aylek

Sounds viable, but might also lead to awkward situations where you desperately want that MG spam, but can't... half a ton of MG ammo sounds pretty low for three MGs, doesn't it? Have to try that, though.

12. Aylek

Currently testing with an XL 210 and seems to be some kind of sweet spot for me.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast