Team/Faction Event my Cicadas did all the work!

Thread in 'Cicada' started by poopenshire, Mar 24, 2014.

1. poopenshire

poopenshire Junior Member

I posted this over on the official MWO forum, but tell me how you did standing wise and what mechs you used.

Post as follows with link:

http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/153917-faction-war-and-scoring/

I am starting this to begin discussing what mechs and tactics you used and how well you placed in your faction.

Myself, I placed 53rd in the Merc Corps. Not as high as I wanted, but I could not play much on Sunday and dropped quite a few spots. I peaked on Saturday afternoon in 18th, and went down from there as I didn't have time to keep playing as much Saturday as I had hoped.

I used my Cicadas for almost the entire event.

[​IMG]

CDA-3M:

CDA-X5:

CDA-3C:

Share how you did, and the mechs you ran. I am curious to see if bigger a mech meant bigger score.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2014
  2. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah Staff Member

I peaked at 12th for Kurita on Saturday and then fell back to 18th on Sunday with a score of 2086

I used my 3L Super Chicken and my 3F Stalker.

3. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

[​IMG]

First two days I almost exclusively used these two builds, but got tired of LRM spam so Sunday I exclusively ran with a Raven Super Chicken (variation). Had a couple good games in the Jager and Banshee (~4 kills ~6 assists and ~1200 damage). But my best 2 games were in my Raven, both of which were very similar (6 Kills 6 Assists and 1100-1200 damage) both of which I was the last mech left, running for my life, while dividing up the remaining enemy mechs to core them out. 1 was on Canyon Network, the other was on Tera Therma, both were extremely well played games by myself, but also my team.

4. poopenshire

Brilliant running with that Raven, I have almost the same build, I have less heat sinks for a larger engine and a TAG. I run max engine because I want the speed for using the TAG.

5. Durandal

Durandal Min-Max Maniac

I was pretty high up for Kurita the first day, but then was too busy to put in many games until right before it ended :( That said, my X5 did all the work for me...had about 20 stellar games in a row where, even though we lost, I did well over 700-800 damage a game.

Sadly, it wasn't enough ;)

6. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

didn't run Cicadas, because i don't play them often, just for fun purposes. The Mechs which i ran were the followings:

7. poopenshire

[​IMG]

Did better this event.

Ran my CDA-X5 more often than not, but also my BLR-1S and my CTF-IM.

The X5 was my bread and butter.