TDR-9SE Serious Variant (2x PPC, 1x SRM4, 3x MPLas, 4x JJ, XL300)

Thread in 'TDR-9SE' started by Serious Table, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Serious Table

Serious Table Well-Known Member

This is a Mech with a good capability of dealing damage from multiple ranges, and really shines right around the 200-300m range. Do some good jump jet maneuvers as the enemy closes, placing 20 damage from the PPCs wherever they're best needed, then when they get in close, open up with the rest of the payload.

WEAPON GROUPS:
    1) PPCs
    2) MPLas
    3) SRM 4
    4) PPCs on Chain
    5) MPLas on Chain

Use this as a good knife-like support build. Support your teammates, and tear off limbs and side torsos that are exposed in order to disable your opponent and reduce incoming fire.

Remember, you're using an XL; make ample use of cover to protect your Mech!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2014
  2. LT Satisfactory

LT Satisfactory Benefactor

I've tried at least 6 builds for this mech and hated all of them. This one is well...least bad, haha. I'd personally change the armor values up a bit front/back but solid build.

3. LT Satisfactory

oh. and obligatory poptards suck post, but nothing else to do with this mech.

4. schnaetz

schnaetz Benefactor

I tested similar setups with 2PPC+SRM+X, PPCs in Side Torso or Arm:

I always avoided those low-range MPLas, might give them a try on this mech though.

5. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

Great minds thinking alike?? :phear:

Last edited: Oct 11, 2014
  6. Serious Table

Serious Table Well-Known Member

I used to think the same thing until I started running the Thunderbolts. I've found a new respect for Medium Pulse Lasers since, though.

7. LT Satisfactory

MPL love, really? I found I was running too hot shooting ppc's and then had to chainfire the mpl's to not overheat. I also found I was hardly using the srm since 20% of the the time it doesn't even register hits and doesn't do much dmg when it does for the weight. I dropped the srm and traded one mpl for ml and added ams/xl315. If I could have fit extra DHS, I would have, but you can't get the free slots. I think this is my final build of this mech for me:

I wish I knew if JJ placement mattered at all - I'm never sure if it matters if they go ST or legs outside of if one appendage blows off easier.