TDR-9S "Scout-Sniper Command" (2x ERPPC, 3x SPL, TAG, Command Console, XL300)

Thread in 'TDR-9S' started by skribs, Mar 16, 2017.

1. skribs

skribs Min-Max Maniac

The Command Console was mainly to soak up tonnage. I could have increased the engine by a little bit, but I decided that getting my advanced zoom to over 4.9x zoom was worth the command console. I had run out of slots for extra DHS, so my only other options were to add hotter weapons (i.e. 3x MPL). The tag was just something I threw on because I had a spare ton and spare slots, and I can just bind it to everything else and get points if people shoot LRMs.

The PPCs are very easy to avoid hills with, being placed up top, and the SPLs should theoretically work like a knife in melee range. To be perfectly honest, they didn't even get used in my last match.

I want to put dual-AMS on this, but I'd have to drop 2 DHS to do it, because I've used every slot that can hold a DHS. In order to fit AMS on, I'd have to also probably drop some armor from my arm(s), drop TAG, or drop the lasers to small lasers (which might actually be better). At the moment, I'd rather have the DHS and stick behind the team, but once I've gotten this Mech elited I might be okay dropping the 2 DHS.

For now, I'm going to play around with getting Medium Lasers and then Medium Pulse Lasers before I settle on a final build, but this thing makes for an interesting sniper.

Had a match that I ended with about 300-some damage and 1 kill, 8 assists, but at the end of the match I had 29% of my Mech left...cored on the legs and torsos, both arms blown off, but I still had all of my damage-dealing weapons.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast