TDR-9S "Lightning Bolt" (4x ERPPC, XL300)
4/5,

2 ratings

Thread in 'TDR-9S' started by Solahma, Dec 11, 2014.

1. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

Where there is Thunder, there is also lightning. Lots and lots of lightning!

The redone quirks for the 9S now includes a -50% heat generation for the ERPPC, making them generate less heat than even a standard PPC! :wideyed:

+15% ERPPC velocity quirk, putting the velocity at ~1200m/s
    +25% ERPPC cooldown quirk

Fire them 2 at a time. With a heat capacity of ~70 and a 3.27hps dissipation, this build should be able to fire a pair of ERPPC about 6 times before reaching 100% on a heat-neutral map. Hardpoints are nearly level with the cockpit allowing you to hit almost anything you can see.

Cooler version:

STD engine version:

[​IMG]

Awesome match posted by /u/ZuFFuLuZ on Reddit:

Last edited: Dec 12, 2014
  2. Remarius

Remarius Star Lord

Bearing in mind you already get a 25% cooldown on ER PPC is it really worth using quads?

3. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

OOPS! I only checked the "changed" quirks on Reddit. Overlooked the cooldown quirk. I have corrected the OP to include this information. Thanks!

I suppose the advantages and disadvantages will remain the same though. On one hand, you will put out more damage in a shorter amount of time, but you will reach overheat faster. On the other hand you can keep pumping out shots for another few volleys before you will still have to return to cover and cooldown. It's the classic Alpha vs. DPS argument. I guess it all comes down to personal preference with this build.

Overall, the 3x ERPPC is probably the better build considering you can run a STD engine. Or you can run the cooler version and have ridiculous heat efficiency. You are able to fire all three ERPPC if you really need to. Not sure if the 50% heat generation also applies to the heat generated by Ghost Heat. Assuming it does, an alpha would generate 31.95 heat which is just over the heat generated by firing 2 pairs of ERPPC separately. Kind of interesting.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2014
  4. Remarius

Remarius Star Lord

Yeah my problem is that against lights as soon as they get close I desperately miss having non er ppc armament but i'm not the best with them.

5. Remarius

Remarius Star Lord

Zuf seems to be running something like this:

6. Remarius

Remarius Star Lord

I'm currently just running something I threw together from pre quirk and not certain I want to go full ER PPC. Just using the ER PPC pair I find it generates plenty of heat but I drop it off faster as more DHS.

7. Lurch98

Lurch98 Benefactor

5/5,
    Triple is the current Meta build

8. Briz

Briz Junior Member

That is the build I'm favoring at the momment, but I place 2xERPPC in RT anf 1 in RA, that way I can use my left side as shield and I got 1 ERPPC in the arm wich is good for shoting lights and UAVs.

9. Wronka

Wronka New Member

Does anyone have an explanation as to why you don't run 2 ERPPCs in the right torso and not the left? The right torso guns are mounted higher then the left torso so I would think that is where you would want to run them? Why is everyone putting 2 in the left torso and 1 in right torso?

10. Wronka

Wronka New Member

I can't seem to find any reason to not run the 2 ERPPCs in the right torso instead of the left for the 3 ERPPC version. The weapons are higher mounted in there and therefore better for peeking over a hill.

Below is my take on this build as I think it would be best to run

11. The Verge

The Verge Moderator Staff Member

Convergence.

12. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

You can do either one. Both have their advantages. I actually tend to use the right torso for the pair as well, I just couldn't remember which side it was when I uploaded the builds to the OP. LOL.

The Left torso hardpoints are directly under the cockpit, so you can always hit what you see if peeking around a corner. Just a thought.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2014
  13. schnaetz

schnaetz Benefactor

The second energy hardpoint on the LT is pretty low, so I tend to also use 2 ERPPCs on the RT

Sir Tiddles likes this.
  14. Sir Tiddles

Sir Tiddles Active Member

For the STD variant, you can actually cram in ferro fibrous armor and have enough tonnage to fill out that arm armor for two shield arms.

As for which side to put the dual ER PPC, the right torso is higher mounted so it is better for peeking over hills and minimizing your exposure to return fire. The left torso ones are mounted vertically so in close quarters they are more likely to hit the same location. Since this is really a long range build, I prefer the right torso.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
    Solahma likes this.
  15. germs95

germs95 Junior Member

3/5,
    Nicely done :)

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast