TDR-9s "Berserker" (2x LLas, 3x MLas, 1x Flamer, 2x MG, 2x AMS, STD300)
5/5,

1 rating

Thread in 'TDR-9S' started by AdultPuppetShow, Apr 19, 2014.

1. AdultPuppetShow

AdultPuppetShow New Member

I have had a blast with this mech so far.

This after action report is from the second match I played with the chassis variant, and the first with this build. I only had three basic efficiencies on it.

[​IMG]

The modus operandus of the berserker is to be an absolute terror to the enemy team, with a respectable weapons payload, extreme heat capacity, and a large, survivable standard 300 engine.

From long range, poke at whatever sticks a component out with your cockpit level large lasers. Not having heavy energy weapons of some sort in the right shoulder with this mech seems to be a sin. From mid range, add your medium lasers into the mix as heat allows. When you're right up in the enemy's face and you see open components, unleash your machine guns and flamer as well to add that much more damage to your onslaught.

But just because your attacks are brazen and bold doesn't mean you should stand out in the open. Stick to cover. Stay with allied mechs (providing them with AMS cover) until you see the ideal moment to go in for the kill. Ideally your attacks should come from odd angles, flanking behind the enemy with the maneuverability the standard 300 engine allows. Don't be afraid to get out of Dodge if things get dicey. Also, missile boats will absolutely HATE when you sneak up behind them not only with a bunch of lasers, but with two AMS to absolutely ruin their chances of helping their team.

In summation, this free mech has opened my eyes to the potential of the Thunderbolt chassis. Thanks PGI/IGP.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2014
  2. Xavion

Xavion Junior Member

I really like the concept behind this loadout, but the close-range weapon hardpoint configuration just feels a bit odd to me.

Due to the offset cockpit, the flamer stream is coming in from way off to the side; while your MGs are generally hitting the component you're aiming at, the flamer is washing the side of the enemy mech instead. While still effective at doing minor damage and heating up the opponent, it seems like you lose the flamer-to-the-face blinding aspect of the weapon.

Still, 4/5 stars from me for a creative build!

3. PooHH

PooHH Active Member

I'm running something very similar. The MG's and Flamer make this build so fun.

4. Cpt Chattahah

Cpt Chattahah Min-Max Maniac

Flamer? Really? Damn... you guys are making me try new things. ;)

5. dog_funtom

dog_funtom Well-Known Member

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast