TDR-5SS "What the hell just hit me" (7x MPLas, STD300)
4.8/5,

15 ratings

Thread in 'TDR-5SS' started by RA2lover, Feb 25, 2014.

1. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

Might be true, Sol, but the simple fact there's no ghost heat on the MPLas makes me wonder how long this will hold true, especially after the recent buff to the MPLas heat wise.

2. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

Thing is, if there WAS ghost heat added for medium pulse, it would start at 7. That 1 extra medium pulse would generate very very little heat scaling. Probably not even noticeable for this build.

epikt likes this.
  3. Trifler

Trifler Active Member

I'm working with something similar. I have a 5x MPLas, 2x LLas, AMS, 275 STD. This lets me peek over hills and make ranged shots, as well as giving me some extra range in general. 2x ER LLas is also an option. It's just too bad this variant doesn't have the laser duration reduction quirk that the -5S and -9S have.

4. Beastman

Beastman New Member

5/5,
    Got rekt by this build several times. Got pissed so I built it myself. No I rek!

Nasty pinpoint, top game heat efficiency, speed like a mofo and survivability beyond anything with those asshole hitboxes the thunderbolt has. Thumbs up!

Awesome build! 5/5

5. Business

Business Advanced Member

It's a goddamn beast if you can stay alive to start working down the damaged opponents:
    [​IMG]

Even in a loss
    [​IMG]

6. MadTerrapin

MadTerrapin Junior Member

You still need some heat discipline but yeah - this build rocks. Am definitely seeing more of them in my drops - haven't installed the weapon mods (range or cooldown) but going to. Definitely 5/5 from me.

7. MadTerrapin

5/5,
    5/5 from me. Great speed and deadly on damaged mechs.

8. Gasboy

Gasboy Advanced Member

5/5,
    Tried this out tonight after watching Alexandrus run it in his Twitch stream. Great build!

9. Wronka

Wronka New Member

5/5,
    This is by far the best build for this variant. All the others should be deleted. I bought this chassis 2 weeks ago after the quirks were released. 65 games later I now hold a 2.56 kill/death ratio and average damage of 558. I've only recently reached elite skills with this mech, and I bet those stats are even higher if you could filter out pre elite games. Working on mastering it, but that might be a while since I don't want to play the other variants when this mech owns as much as it does.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2014
  10. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

Quirks were adjusted slightly. They removed the Medium Pulse specific heat generation quirk and then buffed the general heat generation quirk.

WAS: -25% heat generation for medium pulse (12.5% mplas + 12.5% general)
    NOW: -15% heat generation for all energy weapons (no more specific for medium pulse)

so that's a 10% hit to the heat generation quirk.
    Range quirk is still +50%.
    Cooldown quirk is still +15%.

They also increased the LT/RT structure quirk from 10 to 15 so an XL engine is more viable than ever! Not that this build needs one, but at least your weapons will stay attached longer now.

Gasboy likes this.
  11. Durandal

Durandal Min-Max Maniac

With the nerf to heat gen in the quirks, it makes me happier than ever to have the Thunderwhat Hellbringer...still puts out more damage, but now they're closer in heat than ever, which makes me think the HBR MPL build has more of an edge after the patch. Situationally, of course, since HBR has all the lasers mounted on one side, so getting caught in the wrong spot means buildings block them...and they lose all weapons faster hehe.

This one's still good, but watch that heat!

12. mthomas768

mthomas768 New Member

5/5,
    Excellent build. Starting running this without any skills applied and was immediately getting 2-3 kills / 600 damage matches. Rock and roll.

13. Motörhead

Motörhead Benefactor

The real difference when facing them is hellbringer is still kind of fragile while it takes ages to take down a Tbolt. Of course, on the other side ECM is a big advantage.

14. Wronka

Wronka New Member

Wow the heat gen quirk of just 10% difference is VERY noticeable. I overheat so much more now in this build. The build still rolls and I am still (110 games later then when I posted earlier) holding a ~550 average damage and ~2.5 KD. After newest quirks I'm not getting those once-in-a-while 4+ kills 1000+ damage games anymore, but still good enough to be of impact to the team. Still a solid build, just obviously not quite as good as before.

MadTerrapin likes this.
  15. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

4/5,
    Still a very potent build but yes, after the newest quirks this isn't quite the steam roller it once was. Downgrading my rating from a 5/5 to a 4/5.

16. MadTerrapin

Am still rocking the Thunderwub - managed to get the MPL RANGE (5) and MPL COOLDOWN (5) mods - after saving my c-bills. These mods have made a difference, especially the increased range. Had my only 7-kill streak in the thunderwub as well as cracking over 1000 damage, three times.

17. MadTerrapin

Yup. Am still keeping my 5/5 - it is a solid addition to any garage.

18. Renegademaster

Renegademaster Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    What appeard to be an average build, really showed itself today. I got my personal best just 4 points off 1000 ;( , popping components and opening center torsos. The Thunderwub truly has promise, this was only my 5th match!

Durandal likes this.
  19. Durandal

Durandal Min-Max Maniac

Just wait until you get it to full elite. Mechs like this always really shine when they have double basic efficiencies.

20. The Verge

The Verge Moderator Staff Member

5/5,
    This build is really fantastic. High Alpha, High DPS.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast