TDR-5SS "What the hell just hit me" (7x MPLas, STD300)
4.8/5,

15 ratings

Thread in 'TDR-5SS' started by RA2lover, Feb 25, 2014.

1. RA2lover

RA2lover Active Member

this can fire nearly 4 alphas before shutting down... and kill other similar weight mechs in 3.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2014
  2. TheWatchman

TheWatchman Dispossessed

What the hell just hit you? This did!!!

3. RA2lover

RA2lover Active Member

the point of this build is actually making a sort of a Lightning Bruiser(fast, deals lots of damage and is ridiculously hard to take out at the same time) - upgrading it to a heavier and slower chassis doesn't help much in the "lightning" part of it.

it's pretty much based off the yen-lo-wang in that aspect(a fast-STD-toting-with-shield-arm-mech-with-an-AC20).

here's a build which trades off one of the lasers in favor of an extra heatsink and more armor:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2014
  4. TheWatchman

TheWatchman Dispossessed

Good point. Was just riffing off of the OP title.

Good thing MPLas aren't included in ghost heat dynamics. This thing would spontaneously combust!

5. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

Giving this one a try tonight. Been playing the 8 MPLas Wubanshee lately so this should play very similar and with a bit more speed.

MPLas also got a change (buff): Range was increased from 200m to 220m and 400m to 440m. Heat was reduced from 5.00 to 4.60.

6. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

So I gave this a go last night and it was pretty good. It's not mastered yet, but should be soon.

Had a couple 5 kill games and ~600 damage. Can't wait for it to be mastered and unlock its full potential.

7. Sassafras

Sassafras MechSpecs Addict

So according to the leaked quirk list, MPLas will be getting a 50% Range boost along with a 25% Heat Reduction and 15% Cooldown bonus, which basically gives it longer range than an MLas, and a cooldown on the order of a SPLas. This build is going to be ridiculous next week.

Solahma and Motörhead like this.
  8. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

I'm soooooo ready for this. Tuesday is going to be a wubly day for this Solahma unit.

EDIT: so, apparently the Medium Pulse Laser heat will be reduced from 4.6 to 4.0 as well... HOLY WUBS!

Last edited: Oct 30, 2014
    dog_funtom likes this.
  9. Otto Cannon

Otto Cannon New Member

5/5,
    Quirktastic.

You can cram in an Artemis SRM6 as well by going XL, but I generally prefer not exploding that much. The extra 10 ST structure might at least help a bit though.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2014
  10. Matheos

Matheos Active Member

I might be mistaken but I think the structure only applies to the torso being blown out and not the engine taking damage, so the benefit for an XL is little to none.

I tried another build with MPLs and they are officially absurd as of 11/4/14.

11. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

The structure means it takes longer for that component, with XL engine crit slots, to be destroyed. It definitely means XL builds are more durable. However it will not save you from your engine getting destroyed via early crits once the side-torso take internal damage.

12. WhoopieMonster

WhoopieMonster Advanced Member

5/5,
    Excellent build. Yet to try it, but seen it used effectively numerous times.

13. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

Please take your time to test a build prior to voting.

Solahma and dog_funtom like this.
  14. Business

Business Advanced Member

[​IMG]

Very fun build

15. Sassafras

Sassafras MechSpecs Addict

I'm a little bit worried that if this build gets too popular, PGI might remember that they never added ghost heat to the MPlas.

16. Business

Business Advanced Member

Oh yeah, this build is going to get nerfed to shit. No doubt about it

I also just noticed how fast that round was, lol

17. Halcyon201

Halcyon201 New Member

5/5,
    use it before it gets nerfed

18. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

Most logical step in my view.

19. WhoopieMonster

WhoopieMonster Advanced Member

Sorry, will do in the future :)

It is clearly a 5 star build though ;)

20. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

I've run into this build quite a few times and honestly haven't had much trouble dealing with it. I really dont think a lot of these potentially strong build are going to get nerfed.

Motörhead likes this.
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast